seeds stop after pop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puffdog

Reaction score
Hey all been a long while, I'll make this short, started seeds from random stuff I found around the house just for fun. with about 20 or so seeds I have 5 that popped, 3 look like a burr sticking out of the shell and 2 have the shell off but with a short root about the size of the head (looks like a comma). And then thats it they haven't seemed to change the last two days. They are still in the water which I change every day with luke warm water. I put them in a window with indirect sun and then move them to the shelf at night. I am I doing something wrong and should I move the two without a shell to soil now? I had more seeds earlier this summer and tried the paper towel way and they just got moldy and I also tried straight to soil in like a little greenhouse and had about 2-3 sprout under the soil then just stopped also. Could be they are just old. I had grown to nice plants about a year and a half ago maybe ( one sativa, one indica) don't know what they were but they gave us enough bud to last till last Christmas I have some pix on here some where of the buds. Well anyway I miss tending the garden and wanted to start again but have been having trouble. Any help would be great.
Thanks Puffdog

it could be that they are old or if your lettin them grow in water then that could be it. once they crack open and you see a root place it in soil tip down. i always put just enough dirt on top to cover it up so that there is not direct light shinin on the seed. hope this helps ya out some.

I suggest you take a step back, read the faq's, then try that again.The sticky at the top of this forum would be helpful to you. Anything that is out of it's shell is a goner. You want to put em in the soil or medium as SOON as the shell cracks. You don't have to wait until you see a tap root which is that small white "comma" thing as you called it.

Once they crack or you see a small white tap root put them in the soil/ medium with the tap root pointing down. DON"T TOUCH THE TAP ROOOOT.... REPEAT DON"T TOUCH THE TAP ROOT. They will not grow in a glass of water.

I would suggest again , to read until your eyes bleed.

Also if you are using tap water its most likely that the chlorine in it killed the seeds and the tender roots. Let your water stand for a minimum of 24 hours to avoid this problem.

Latest posts

Back