Smokeytimes first indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeytimes

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Reaction score
Ok So I guess I need to get a journal going. These are four bag seeds (was good smoke) that I am starting indoor growing.

The room is a 44"W x 44"L x 69"H
600Watt Lumatek w/ air cooled hood
DWC bucket holds four (like the garden of ease) I have two air stones and one Eco 66 to help stir the nutes.
I started them in the DWC on 4/21/09 a week to early I think. The tap roots were only like 1/2" to 3/4" long then

I tried to start them at 700ppm using FF nutes. they didn't really like that so much, as I had a couple start to get burned. I ended up syphoning off 4 gallons (this setup holds 8 gallons) and adding 4 gallons of fresh water bringing the PPMs down to 400 which they have been happy at four the last few days.

I have the light at 14"s from the top of the canopy for now.

Light was moved to get the pictures.

1st plant.jpg

2nd plant.jpg

3rd plant.jpg

4-26-09 all four.jpg

4th plant.jpg

roots.jpg

Finally have my woes with sick plants cured. To stoned to go back and dig up the link.

All four have really made a come back

Just started the FF week schedule 3tsp big grow x 5 gal

5-8-09 001.jpg

5-8-09 002.jpg

5-8-09 003.jpg

5-8-09 004.jpg

5-8-09 005.jpg

I just thought I would snap off a couple more pictures tonight. Almost into Flowering and there really starting to get some hight but a couple are really starting to stretch.

I am not sure why I have been keeping the 600MH about 24"s. The canopy is about 3.4sf right now so they are getting plenty of light :confused:

anyway take a look and let me know what you think :D

5-12-09 1.jpg

5-12-09 2.jpg

5-12-09 3.jpg

5-12-09 4.jpg

5-12-09 5.jpg

5-12-09 6.jpg

5-12-09 7.jpg

Nice! I like your set up... :48:
almost the same as mine except im using flouros with a 400w and i'm new to the hydro seen so i'm take'n it slow with the nutes..
hope all grows well with ya, i'll be watching! :watchplant:

Yeah I'm new myself. I did a lot of reading and then more reading and so on. The room is still work in progress but that will have to wait till I finish this grow. I had a borrowed 400 but I managed to gather up the cash for the 600 and it fits perfectly in the room.

As for nutes I learned a couple weeks ago to go easy. I over did it and had to flush. the FF I am using is good but leave alot of residue and salt crystals if you let the nutes get to strong. I was at 400ppm untill I added 40ml of CalMag last night that shot it up to 846ppm as long as they can make it to friday I start on the pre flower nutes

Ok this week I started on the pre flower nutes. Girls (I know wishful thinking) are looking good a couple are showing some Mag Def. I gave them some epsom foiler feeding of 2% epsom and water. I gave the res about 1.2 gallon of the epsom salt water as well.

I am amazed at how much they have grown this week. :bong: :)

5-15-09 1.jpg

5-15-09 2.jpg

5-15-09 3.jpg

5-15-09 4.jpg

5-15-09 5.jpg

5-15-09 6.jpg

5-15-09 7.jpg

thanks for the PM..Best way to get some attention my frined..looking good..but IMO the light could be closer..lower it down place hand on top of canopy..if its to hot for back of you hand its toohot for them Ladies..i would think 12 inches..I run 1000 watt at 16 above..and 400 glass enclosed at 4 inches..im not the best at hydro..to be honest i suck..and someone will be along shortly..some dont start fallowing untill flower..so be prepaired..i didnt get but a few fallowers my entire stay..but the ones i have a special..I just subscribed..i hope i can be of some assistance to you my friend..but first I need a :bong:

Thanks 4u2 :bong:

Yeah the lights have been a little fun. for a while I was keeping them lower but now I got so stretch on three of the girls (hoping) and maiking the light have to move up but I would guess I have it about 12"s now. I have had some fun with this grow, you know a lot of learning here. (good thing you guys have helped me out sooooo much.

I am starting to get the hang of the FF nutes I have all 6 parts now and am learning how to mix them where the plants like.

glad to see you stop in and please do give me any tips you can, I'm sure one day I will be able to pass them along to another newbie grower. :D

I have a 600 watt air-cooled reflector with a fan attached that is at about 4" off the top of my canopy. The closer you can get your light the better,without burning them. There is a drastic decrease in lumens with each inch your light is further away from the plant tops.

ok when the they wake up in a few hours I will try at 4" from the tallest plant. I know I will be checking in for a bit untill I feel safe they won't cook under there.

Also the Epsom salt has worked wonders for the two plants showing Mag Def. I checked before they went to bed and most of the yellowing has turned back green. I would have never in a million years guessed that Salt would help a plant before joining this site. Amazing really... :D

nice grow smokey! looking green. i agree w stoner the plants definably looks like dominant sativa. even sativas take buttload time to flower i think its worth it at the end.

Thanks guys :bong2:

Well there bagseed but I am sure I have three sativa's and one looks like it may be indica. funny they looked like all indica the first few weeks. :confused:

Ok now the fun begins.
I had to switch over to flower as my tallest was 17" tall with the next at 14" tall. These have to be sativa dominate. Lights have been at 4"s above the tallest since I was advised to do so, It helped with the stretching a lot.

I have a little bit of a problem though with a (P) def now but I will flush tomorrow night as I don't have time tonight to start but I did put 12ml of Snow storm additive (to raise the (P) level) as of now the plants are taking up about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of water a day and about 100ppm to 150ppms a day.

Pic #4 is a close up of what I think is pre flower on the tallest one. It's been years since I have grown anything so I am not sure.

5-21-09 1.jpg

5-21-09 2.jpg

5-21-09 3.jpg

5-21-09 4.jpg

Latest posts

Back