Smoking=Losing weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey guys.Do you guys believe that smoking causes weight loss?Is there any scientific proof to back up this statement?

i can't give you scientific proof but i can give you some input on my experience.

first depends on what you're smoking. if it's herbs you're referring to, most ppl gain weight cause food tastes so damn good when you're stoned.

if you're thinking about tobacco, it depends. some people have an oral fixation, they love eating and continuously do it. when those people smoke instead of eat, they lose weight. on the other hand, smoking damages your lungs and impairs your ability to exercise. so it depends on the person.

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
Hey guys.Do you guys believe that smoking causes weight loss?Is there any scientific proof to back up this statement?

As I understand it, with cigarette smoke, the nicotine attaches to the free floating fat molecules in your bloodstream preventing absorbtion. It's something like 10%, which doesn't seem much, but could men an extra helping of fries at McD's.

I lose weight and I smoke DAILY...

However im active, i exercize, and don't eat like a complete fat *** lol

I actually TRY to eat before smoking, its crazy because as stated above, MJ DOES seem to increase the sense of taste lol

Ultimitly it comes down to your eating and lifestyle habits ;)

i agree with stang, however.... raised appetite and non-raised foor intake will make for food digesting faster, making you hungry more, so if you eat the same and get hungrieer, you'll lose weight. .i'm a prime example of this, knew about munchies before i smoked, so didnt eat anything extra or that i wouldnt normally eat and lost 45lbs in about 17months, just fyi

y'know i hear most of the time people mistake hunger with thirst. 'true' hunger is sort of thirsty feeling you get in the back of your throat, and considering most of us are packing a few extra pounds, we probably never felt this before.

anyhow, it makes sense, cause smoking dope dehydrates you so much. i know from exprience that when I do fasts, and i get hunger pains i drink tons of water and they go away.

When I smoked cigarettes and drank alcohol more than I smoked pot I stayed the same skinny weight.

Now smoking more pot than I do anything else, I keep gaining weight.

Latest posts

Back