some problems, please help. *PICTURES*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, first off, you say cubes, are they in cubes covered in a layer of clay aggregate(hydroton)???

If they are in rockwool cubes then buddy listen up good, unless the roots are protruding from the rockwool, then you are definately overwatering.

rockwool is usually a once a day thing, maybe more but in just cubes with slabs, once a day is the most they can take

Side note, Floranova is great, but the FN Grow isnt need, Just the FN Bloom.

Use the bloom for the entire cycle (from veg to bloom). It contains enough NPK in a very harmonic ratio for veg and bloom.

For seedlings, i use FN Bloom in mini rockwool cube seed/clone starters.

For cuttings, give em about a 3-500 ppm solution, watch for burn, its easy to spot while causing almost know damage to the leaves. Just back off if so.

Take it or leave it, it works perfectly for me and this is my first hydro grow.

here is a pic of my little flowering tent, notice how healthy they are!

After seeds sprout and a week or so has gone by and the rockwool has dried out, for their first watering, give em 100ppm or close to it of bloom.

Each few days, add nutrient and slowly bring it up to a max of 600ppm untile you are ready to flower.

Now, After a week in bloom, you are gonna have to trust me on this, but raise the ppm's to 1400, yeah yeah, i know it seems high.

if you see burn, guess what, drain a little res solution and add pure water, you prob wont even have to alter the ph unless you addback nutrient.

thats whats so great about ebb&flow, problems are neutralized within a res swap, speaks for itself.

Now, depending on your meter, you have two conversion rates, either a .5 or a .7 conversion.

.7 conversion=1400ppm target
.5 conversion=about 950 ballpark tarket

bluelab truncheons are the bomb, its what i use and its very accurate with no calibration, about 160 with the cleaning kit, but worth the money!

so find out what meter you have and the conversion rate it displays ppms in.

here is the lucas formula, with ro water doing exactly as he said it would, and my plants are THRIVING.
This is my small flowering tent, you can see my big one in my sig.

Google ask Lucas, and read until you bleed. my success is based exactly of his recommendations for growing.

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

Super Silver Haze said:
they were too big for me. it took to long for roots to emerge from the 4", but you are right less watering.

it was my first attempt at cloning and all 3 are doing good but ill use smaller Grodan Blocks next time.

loolagigi, dont kill them. grow them out, learn whats wrong and you will be better off next time. why dont you transplant them into soil?
just transplant cubes and hydroton in a pot with soil? is that ok?

i cut off bad leafs, i know your not supposed to but i need new growth. just fed after these pics, will post update tonight thanks for the support.

journal 146.jpg

journal 145.jpg

journal 144.jpg

journal 147.jpg

OK, I HIT EM HARD.....NOW WHAT? LET THEM SIT? OR RUN PHED WATER THROUGH THEM? NOT SURE, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????????????????????:confused: :eek: GOT GOOD LOOKIN ROOTS, GATTA BE LOCK OUT FROM PH. I HAVE BEEN GIVING 5.6-5.9 PH, MAYBE I NEED TO RAISE IT SOME?????????????????IVE HAD THIS DROOPYNESS, CURLED LEAF THIS WHOLE GROW ***? i just used tap water with clearex...ppm was 340, and ph was 6.5 with no additives......what do i have to lose? i feel like i am performing cpr. ill try anything

journal 149.jpg

journal 150.jpg

journal 152.jpg

journal 151.jpg

loolagigi said:
just transplant cubes and hydroton in a pot with soil? is that ok?

im new togrowing also so take my advice with a grain of salt but i would try and pull the cube out of the hydroton unless there are alot of roots shooting through the bottom of your netpots. i just dont feel comfortable stressing the plant from damaging the roots. i dont think you will run into problems if you transplant with the hydroton, just make sure the top of the cube is covered with soil.

my clones were in 4 " grodan and they were transplanted in soil and they look to be thriving.

i think in a different thread Jbonze offered excellent advice to you. me, i still am unsure of your method of growing. am i right that you are doing Ebb & Flow?

it still seems to me you get the droopy leaves from overwatering. are you still squeezing excess water out of the cubes each watering? when i squeezed the excess water out of mine they got all wilted for a few days.

good luck

Super Silver Haze said:
im new togrowing also so take my advice with a grain of salt but i would try and pull the cube out of the hydroton unless there are alot of roots shooting through the bottom of your netpots. i just dont feel comfortable stressing the plant from damaging the roots. i dont think you will run into problems if you transplant with the hydroton, just make sure the top of the cube is covered with soil.

my clones were in 4 " grodan and they were transplanted in soil and they look to be thriving.

i think in a different thread Jbonze offered excellent advice to you. me, i still am unsure of your method of growing. am i right that you are doing Ebb & Flow?

it still seems to me you get the droopy leaves from overwatering. are you still squeezing excess water out of the cubes each watering? when i squeezed the excess water out of mine they got all wilted for a fewdaygood luck
i am dipping cubes into solution the cubes are sorrounded by hydroton, and are in a pot with holes at bottom. no ebb and flow...dip. i dont wanna transplant in soil, i wont learn **** from that. if i choose a method its from the start to finish. live or die. i leached as explained above. ill wait a couple days and let cubes dry out a little. hopefully clearex, and water cleaned out whatever is building up in my medium. well see.......thanks for your advice.

then rethink your watering or feeding practices, let em dry out, and when they perk up, water them less.

JBonez said:
then rethink your watering or feeding practices, let em dry out, and when they perk up, water them less.
stick around:rolleyes:

well after a week of trying all types of things it seems a good flush with clearex did it. i think i am going to flush again today, whatcha think? compare pictures from last shown above...looks to me leavs have perked up:D

journal 157.jpg

journal 158.jpg

journal 159.jpg

journal 160.jpg

journal 161.jpg

:confused: ok here we go. im ganna test the worst plant with a little b1 and flush to see if it helps. then apply to others if needed be.........these pictures were taken seconds after i used 1/4 tsp/ gal of tap water and top watered heavilly to clean out medium......pics to come.....

journal 167.jpg

journal 168.jpg

journal 169.jpg

journal 166.jpg

Latest posts

Back