Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure I can let ya in on manifolding, it's like mainlining 8 cola's, you will have to tie them up because they will get too heavy and break the plant. Look for yooper420's grow log it's recent and he is manifolding, the pic's will go a long way to show you how to make your trims. Basically you let the plant get four nodes high, then you top it so there are only two shoots coming out, that includes the trunk, you cut all the bottom off so you have a "Y" shaped plant. then you lst them and wait for them to grow 4 nodes then you top them, lst them and the wait till they get four nodes high and top for the last time, and you have 8 main colas :)

naw you want your pH to start at 5.7 and ramp up to 6.1 over a few days

Agree on the pump, my new one cost me $29 and it is really a commercial one.

I believe PH wants to be around 5.5 no? That's what you do when you soak Rockwool or Rapid Rooter, so I would think 5.5 is the sweet spot there?

Yes, I'll shoot for that next batch. I overshot the runway with the pH down this batch but figured it didn't matter this early

Agree on the pump, my new one cost me $29 and it is really a commercial one.

stinks you mean? I hope that goes away with use.
I have 5 buckets, one of those pumps enough or should I get another?

Sure I can let ya in on manifolding, it's like mainlining 8 cola's,

eyes glazing over

you will have to tie them up because they will get too heavy and break the plant.

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I woulnd't want to have THAT problem!

Look for yooper420's grow log

exsolent, thanks, the search ain't so great here

it's recent and he is manifolding, the pic's will go a long way to show you how to make your trims. Basically you let the plant get four nodes high, then you top it so there are only two shoots coming out, that includes the trunk, you cut all the bottom off so you have a "Y" shaped plant. then you lst them and wait for them to grow 4 nodes then you top them, lst them and the wait till they get four nodes high and top for the last time, and you have 8 main colas :)

fa kin supa

yup, I'm watching his grow hoping for more pictures and am at that site often. Very thorough but nothing quite like looking over someone's shoulder hahaha
I just killed the lights in the flower room and those battle weary gals are looking for some action!

Just keep plugging along pappy, i'm sure things will turn around, the bottom one looks good.

Well, I have a dozen in the flower room so my spirits are high but it's still discouraging and I'm still cursing in there. But I also smell grow in there again now and that helps a lot. I was reading up on the manifolding and stumbled across a defoliation article that fascinated me. I just ripped half the fan leaves off my dirty dozen last night and the rest come off tonight.

Wow, wonder why you would do that pappy ?

I figure these plants should all be dead anyways so what do I have to lose?
You warned me months ago that they'd not likely deliver much so this is like a "Hail Mary" play I guess.
And, in other news, the second seedling is giving up as well.
I'm dropping another 3 from a blister pack again tonight.
I just don't get it, it used to be sooooo easy. Lousy yields but at least I HAD yields.
:fid:

Don't get discouraged pappy, it will come back maybe you just got some bad or old beans?

Don't get discouraged pappy, it will come back maybe you just got some bad or old beans?

That was my first thought almost 6 months ago. They're all from Iron Seeds in Toronto and he made me wait TWO MONTHS. Then he doubled my order and all fem so hard to moan about that.... but I think something went terribly wrong there during those two months.
I'm down to my last 10 seeds so I'll be looking for a reliable source. I'd like to buy from the same place at the same time and the same strain as anybody else buying in next few months, pretty much the only way I can prove it's NOT me. Seriously, I've had better luck from bag seed.

Pappy here is a good place to get good beans, great genetics and no bull ****.

http://www.firestax.com

Try them and see, that's where a bunch of us get our beans at.

Excellent, thanks. when I'm ready, I'll post asking if anyone is ordering from there and I'll order the same strain at the same time unless that's inappropriate. UK, could be a month, I also "read somewhere", someone theorized they might be getting scanned and damaged somehow.

naw you want your pH to start at 5.7 and ramp up to 6.1 over a few days

[FONT=&quot]
That's for the hydro buckets, right?
I noticed on my Bloom nutes, it sez to aim for 5.7 in soil, soil-less or water culture. The only difference is in ppms, 850 and 1150 for water
That surprised me. Seems to me they wouldn't eat anything, need 6.3 min according to most charts...small wonder I'm always second guessing myself
and how do you adjust ppm without affecting ppms?
(no need to answer, just venting)
[/FONT]

I opened another Barney's Farm blister pack.
Filled the holes in 3 rapid rooters. Flipped them over, and cut a half inch deep slit with a razor blade.
A bone dry rooter weighs about 4g.
A fresh plug out of the bag weighs about 13 - 15g
3 of them weigh 45 plus 10 for the tray.
They sit on the same mat that keeps the reservoir at about 22C
about 3 1/2 feet from the LED
After about 10 hours, the tray weighs about 20g less so I add 20mL of water and the plugs suck it up.
(A ml of water weighs 1 gram)
If the plugs don't ever weigh less then say 7g or more than 15g
(walks away muttering to himself)

Latest posts

Back