Stealth Box q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakebud77

Medcinal Supporter
Reaction score
Well i am slowly getting out of a hole that i got myself into a few years ago and i should be coming into some money coming up here in about a month to build a stealth box. I have a few questions i need some help with so i can make the whole planning/build/grow stages a lil easier on me and the expectant ladies. First of all space. I am planning on a 2' by 4' area 3 feet tall for my veg area with some high power cfls at my local grow shop. Big enough area to work the veg stage? then my flower area will be the same 2' by 4' area but being 4 feet tall(can be a lil taller if need be). Will that work out? Second i have a question about smell proofing it. what would be the best way of doing it? I was thinking sealing off the box from the inside with a plastic(i dont know the name of it but i remember reading ti somewhere) then putting mylar on the inside to reflect light back in. I was going to pick up a 400w hps for the flower area(good enough for a 4/2 area? I was thinking Fox farm nutes but i figure i should check with some experianced people before i buy anything nute wise. Also i was thinking a e&f system( i have a unique plan for this) would that be efficent to use? 1. Space? 2. Smell? 3. lights? 4. Nutes? 5. E&F? Thanks to any one who can help answer any of these questions. Oh and expect me to start up a in depth journal (grow and build) towards the end of the year.

Space sounds fine. 4 feet may not be enough once you figure in your pots and light, if you're going for indica then you may be fine with some LST(tying down) but if you're doing Sativa then you'll need all the height you can get.

Construct your box and seal the seams with Mono, or some kinda silicon, then you can do your exhaust vent with either a carbon filter or a homemade apperatus.

Flowering light you will need some HPS lighting, but how many plants you plan on fitting in this small space?

Fox Farm nutes are great, go for em. They make a great feeding chart as well that many here follow. s far as smoofing goes, you can't just seal your box up, your plants will die from lack of fresh air. You will need air intake and exhaust in your stealthbox. To smell proof it pick up a carbon air filter and a fan and hook it up to the exhaust and it will work fine. As far as height on the steal box goes, it depends on what you plant, but even mine at 5 and a half feet high feels pretty tight. Remember your light will hang from the ceiling of the box, then the plants will need about a foot or more of standoff from the light (if you end up using hps for flowering), and the plants will probably be planted in something nearing a foot high. So already your box will be pretty cramped, even without plants! Whats limiting your vertical space? If nothing, go needlessly tall, you'll thankyourself later.

Not too many enough for me to have smoke. Maybe 2-3 mothers of strains i like, a few clones, and flowering anywhere from 2-6. I can make changes to any sizes but i want to keep the power need down. And the heat down too.

There isnt any constraints on size but i would like for the box to be as non grow box looking as possible. As I will be "sleeping":hubba: on this idea. I was thinking a few strains like white rhino, ak, and maybe bubblegum or something i know i want to work with rhino at somepoint cause its supposed to be one fo the best medcinal plants. and i didnt mean to say seal off the entire box i have some plans drawn up and they include a carbon filter, and a decent inlet fan sucking alot of beautiful air but i am worried about smell getting out of the door into it and such. Oh and also i have it drawn up to seal off the light from the plants and to run its own fan to keep it nice and cool. I will try to get a copy of my skech up here in the next few days...

Don't worry about the smell getting out the door. With a fan and filter hooked up to the exhaust, air will be sucking in through the cracks in the door, box, ect., and out the exhaust. The smell won't seep out at all. White rhino is supposed to be a good size for what you're doing, not too sure about the other, but def get some of that rhino!

bubblegum when flipped tends to stretch like mad so get out ur shackles. definately make your room as BIG as you can youll thank yourself later.

ummmm
so smell isnt a big factor

i can understand for the growing part
it will just give off a strong wet plant smell
but what about curing
how do you kepp smell from leaking from your designated area

I would make the flowering space a little bigger, 3x5x4. hardest part is making sure veg and flower are sealed from each other for photoperiod. I used a refrigerator gasket which compress easily and seals tightly. I also sealed space where hps is with a sheet of glass and put in another fan and vent for just the hps. I lined my box with white sheet metal ( coil stock for making seamless gutters) from home depot and pop riveted it in place. It is alot easier to clean between crops. I tried cfl's and leds for veg, I finally decided on T5 fluoro.

Latest posts

Back