SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fight the good fight S Girl... dang bugs. our swamp is full of them and I just had to clean up the entire tent as it was attracting ants due to my lazy arse not cleaning up after last grow.. ugh.

Loved cruising thru your thread, will try to stop in more often.. Carty

say , are these water spots?
THRIPS! Yes roster tried to tell me a couple of weeks ago I checked everywhere and didn’t see anything. Of course I did not know how tiny they would be. Before turning in, I read the life cycle of a thrip. Of course I had thrip dreams all night. I was at the tent opening when the lights came on at 6:00 with my scope and camera. Sure enough, I must be loaded with them. I got this good pic with an adult and a baby. I’ll get the blue sticky’s today but feel infested with them now. Can I use the Spiosad on them as well? I’ve never had to use any bug stuff in the tent except for gnat stickys.
F0F60647-4368-4BDD-AE89-937EB45685AF.jpeg

View attachment 301633

THRIPS! Yes @RosterMan tried to tell me a couple of weeks ago I checked everywhere and didn’t see anything. Of course I did not know how tiny they would be. Before turning in, I read the life cycle of a thrip. Of course I had thrip dreams all night. I was at the tent opening when the lights came on at 6:00 with my scope and camera. Sure enough, I must be loaded with them. I got this good pic with an adult and a baby. I’ll get the blue sticky’s today but feel infested with them now. Can I use the Spiosad on them as well? I’ve never had to use any bug stuff in the tent except for gnat stickys.
F0F60647-4368-4BDD-AE89-937EB45685AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Spinosad does kill thrips, but I don't know if it's any better than soap spray. Considering you will have to spray two or three times a week, soap spray will be cheaper than spinosad.

A pump garden sprayer works amazingly well for blasting bugs off the underside of leaves. I used it mainly with diluted soap spray or sometimes just water. I believe I would have been able to clear the mites completely in the grow room had I used it in the beginning.

EDC3B761-BDAB-4A3A-96C6-0BC494B28A17.jpeg

I ordered the spinosad soap so I could get same day shipping. But I am well into bloom as many buds as leaves now as everything on the bottom has been cleaned out and defoliating every time I’m in the tent. I worry about putting anything on the buds. Maybe could make a bud shield to spray the leaves …

Now I’m wondering how they got in there. I’ll bet from my organic dirt humm… don’t want them again have to be prepared more next time. I know now that I must have had them for a few weeks as I’ve seen the dots on the leaves for some time but because there didn’t appear to be any leaf damage and besides the dots looked healthy as can be to my novice eyes anyway, y’all picked right up on it, I’m so glad I posted an update…

1. will this kill my harvest?
2. Do I have time to get rid of them this late week 4 of flower?
3. Will I be smoking thrip infused weed at the end like @CrashMagnet s spider mite weed?

Now I’m wondering how they got in there. I’ll bet from my organic dirt humm… don’t want them again have to be prepared more next time. I know now that I must have had them for a few weeks as I’ve seen the dots on the leaves for some time but because there didn’t appear to be any leaf damage and besides the dots looked healthy as can be to my novice eyes anyway, y’all picked right up on it, I’m so glad I posted an update…sithing

3. Will I be smoking thrip infused weed at the end like @CrashMagnet s spider mite weed?
Maybe just maybe listen to others instead of dismissing them because they are not your idol. Just saying...................
I have used BT right up to two weeks before harvest. Corrected

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe listen to others instead of dismissing them because they are not your idol. Just saying...................
I have used Spinosad right up to two weeks before harvest.
I can spray the flowers? My top is all flowers… I am in week 4 I don’t want to mess up the flowers but I’m sure the thrips are in there as well

Now I’m wondering how they got in there. I’ll bet from my organic dirt humm… don’t want them again have to be prepared more next time. I know now that I must have had them for a few weeks as I’ve seen the dots on the leaves for some time but because there didn’t appear to be any leaf damage and besides the dots looked healthy as can be to my novice eyes anyway, y’all picked right up on it, I’m so glad I posted an update…

I would say no to all three. You probably can't get rid of them, but you can definitely control them to the point they won't hurt the harvest. It just takes extra effort that would be excessive for growers with lots of plants. I joke about the mites in the buds, but in reality they stay on the leaves. I'm not sure but I think that is the same for thrips.

I’m so sorry but you are my idol too 🥰 just sayin
Haha I was just being serious , I don't care if you like me as much as Big (He is a Great guy who knows a lot) But there are others who have been around the block who do try to help you, I almost do not answer your posts anymore due to the fact I get blown off. If you like I won't chime in again if I am an annoyance.

Hey, you eat bug parts every day. Why not smoke some?
I’m sure now that I’ve smoked a many of bugs. I’ve actually found bugs in my purchased weed before which in the past never bothered me to remove the bug or smoke him for fun… it’s just that I really don’t like the thripweed thing that I’ve grown…

Haha I was just being serious , I don't care if you like me as much as Big (He is a Great guy who knows a lot) But there are others who have been around the block who do try to help you, I almost do not answer your posts anymore due to the fact I get blown off. If you like I won't chime in again if I am an annoyance.
I’m so sorry you feel that way. I will work on that as I respect all the growers answers here. Yes please chime in on all my questions I was under the impression we all did that when we could. Yes I do listen for bigs answers too as he has encouraged me when I was anxious on many occasions and his advice pulled me thru but I read everyone’s opinion especially tent growers or folks that have also experienced my problem. I even try to learn from others mistakes so please don’t feel that way. I’m usually smoking one when I’m on here but I know that doesn’t excuse my obvious neglect in everyone’s answers. I will try to check this. 💕

I’m so sorry you feel that way. I will work on that as I respect all the growers answers here. Yes please chime in on all my questions I was under the impression we all did that when we could. Yes I do listen for bigs answers too as he has encouraged me when I was anxious on many occasions and his advice pulled me thru but I read everyone’s opinion especially tent growers or folks that have also experienced my problem. I even try to learn from others mistakes so please don’t feel that way. I’m usually smoking one when I’m on here but I know that doesn’t excuse my obvious neglect in everyone’s answers. I will try to check this. 💕
I was just reviewing my notes , 4weeks into flower and then try not to use the soap mix on flowers , I was using BT right up to flower as weekly preventative.
I made mistake of using Neem soap on late flowering plant yrs back and it stank like crappy wash floor water ,
Im sure Big will chime in and decide what organic method is best.
You could look into doing a soil drench to kill the ones living in the soil.
We are all Good Subgal ,

View attachment 301671
I ordered the spinosad soap so I could get same day shipping. But I am well into bloom as many buds as leaves now as everything on the bottom has been cleaned out and defoliating every time I’m in the tent. I worry about putting anything on the buds. Maybe could make a bud shield to spray the leaves …
Where do you order from that does same day delivery?

I have gotten rid of thrips and mites in my garden with nothing more than a garden hose and spray handle set on flat spray. I blast the fkers off from underneath. I do that everyday for a week and then once every couple days for another week. And they are gone. I dont like using Pesticides but to each his own.

Latest posts

Back