SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often were you watering? Mine were not lasting 48 hours so Im having to adjust my watering times now. No longer can I water in the afternoon at around 2:00 sometimes I have to water before bedtime so they last overnight without drying to much. Carty says that 3 gallon pots are plenty big for the root system. He recently up’s his pot size to 3 gallon. I’m gonna watch his thread first to see how his turns out.
I think if you want to water every other day you'll need a 5 gal bag BC the plants need the dirt to hold on to moisture, plants take up the water plus the bags allow for breathing.

Those look great, since old fogey mentioned the Spider lights I've been checking them out. Pricey, but I think I'm going to have to buy one soon. If you mentioned it before I apologize, but how much heat do they produce?

Those look great, since old fogey mentioned the Spider lights I've been checking them out. Pricey, but I think I'm going to have to buy one soon. If you mentioned it before I apologize, but how much heat do they produce?
Almost zero heat. You can bring your lights just inches away from you plants. You will love the SF lights. you Can find them on sale now and then…

How often were you watering? Mine were not lasting 48 hours so Im having to adjust my watering times now. No longer can I water in the afternoon at around 2:00 sometimes I have to water before bedtime so they last overnight without drying to much. Carty says that 3 gallon pots are plenty big for the root system. He recently up’s his pot size to 3 gallon. I’m gonna watch his thread first to see how his turns out.
Last summer I had plants outside and I was watering the 3 gallon pots everyday. I can water every three days with the 4 gallon pot this time of year indoors. I don't have a tent so, I don't have to worry about the space the pots take up maybe. that makes a difference. I have grown some lemon haze autoflowers and that root systems took up a 5 gallon pot. They are not all the same size. If you keep growing them you will figure it out.

An avatar Forum Pic
1666905995548.png

Uh Oh Last night I was checking out the girls before going to bed and I thought I saw powder or pollen fly neither of which would be good. I discovered PM on my plants. Took everyone out of the tent this morning and slathered them down pretty heavy with my lost coast plant therapy. I let them dry under my laundry room lights most Of the day and bleached cleaned my tent and aired it out too. The label instructions says to do this everyday for three days. This is the same product that I used to get rid of thrips in just days. I looked up reviews on the product and it got rave reviews for eliminating PM as well as being used as a preventative maintenance for it so I’m hoping for good results. Another first for me this PM thing trying to understand what conditions caused it. Perhaps adding a lower fan to my tent would help. It really isn’t crowded, I don’t have temp or humidity issues as the tent is in my house climate controlled. I will also install another temp/humidity device to monitor under plants.

Uh Oh Last night I was checking out the girls before going to bed and I thought I saw powder or pollen fly neither of which would be good. I discovered PM on my plants. Took everyone out of the tent this morning and slathered them down pretty heavy with my lost coast plant therapy. I let them dry under my laundry room lights most Of the day and bleached cleaned my tent and aired it out too. The label instructions says to do this everyday for three days. This is the same product that I used to get rid of thrips in just days. I looked up reviews on the product and it got rave reviews for eliminating PM as well as being used as a preventative maintenance for it so I’m hoping for good results. Another first for me this PM thing trying to understand what conditions caused it. Perhaps adding a lower fan to my tent would help. It really isn’t crowded, I don’t have temp or humidity issues as the tent is in my house climate controlled. I will also install another temp/humidity device to monitor under plants.
I keep my humidity below 50% in flower always
I use an automatic dehumidifier and exit pump it to the outside not catch bucket in device.

I keep my humidity below 50% in flower always
I use an automatic dehumidifier and exit pump it to the outside not catch bucket in device.
My humidity runs higher than 50%. I just turned the vent fan up to bring it down a bit… my other tent runs pretty high humidity too around 70% but the plants seem to love it. Never had the PM there but may have something to do with venting to outside vs in the same room…

My humidity runs higher than 50%. I just turned the vent fan up to bring it down a bit… my other tent runs pretty high humidity too around 70% but the plants seem to love it. Never had the PM there but may have something to do with venting to outside vs in the same room…
Some plants will tolerate higher humidity
But 50% is the rule of thumb in indoors flower tents from what I have learned over the years.
Good Luck.

The struggle is real. I lost most of my outdoor crop… :(

Latest posts

Back