SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to only trim one plant per day as I get sloppy by the end of the second plant. Definitely nothing I’d want to do for a living. If I do have to trim two a day. I take a major break between the two so I don’t end up with shag grass.

funny we are talking about it. Last night I got an email from SpiderFarmer telling me that my contract has been fulfilled with my postings in this page. They said that they were pleases with the postings and comments. They offered me this trimmer to try on my next grow which was tempting but I dont really like the automatic trimmers I guess even tho I haven’t been growing that long I’m kinda old school in that way. Maybe I should have tried it out but I told them if they got any other new interesting toys that they wanted me to try out to let me know…
this was the trimmer
05683345-C523-4263-9DC7-06903696CCD5.jpeg

I was looking at a trim brush. I would need an excuse , like having way for harvest for me to use any kind of trimmer. I just hate the amount of movement and touch. I know it barely harms trichs but it just hurts to watch. I don't mind needles, but I don't like watching others get em.
Then again, I curse at trimming. It does give me some me time though and I get to relax.

I don’t mind trimming. I love it when my weed is finally ready and I love to touch it while I trim. I dont think I will need a trimmer but if my hands get any stiffer I may in the future and give up another love to old age but until then while I can still hold scissors I’ll be thankful for that I guess…

I don’t trim my plants and haven’t for decades. I’ve got a couple of friends that are retired that are more than happy to come over here and sit on their butts all day long with scissors in their hands. They are welcome to take home anything from the lower half of the plant, which keeps them all thrilled. It’s funny to see a couple of choppers parked outside my shop with these big burly guys with little scissors in their hands…:cool:

I don’t trim my plants and haven’t for decades. I’ve got a couple of friends that are retired that are more than happy to come over here and sit on their butts all day long with scissors in their hands. They are welcome to take home anything from the lower half of the plant, which keeps them all thrilled. It’s funny to see a couple of choppers parked outside my shop with these big burly guys with little scissors in their hands…:cool:
The big burly chopper guys sound a lot better than a trimming machine 😂. Maybe when my hand strength is spent, that will be my next thing

I try to only trim one plant per day as I get sloppy by the end of the second plant. Definitely nothing I’d want to do for a living. If I do have to trim two a day. I take a major break between the two so I don’t end up with shag grass.

funny we are talking about it. Last night I got an email from SpiderFarmer telling me that my contract has been fulfilled with my postings in this page. They said that they were pleases with the postings and comments. They offered me this trimmer to try on my next grow which was tempting but I dont really like the automatic trimmers I guess even tho I haven’t been growing that long I’m kinda old school in that way. Maybe I should have tried it out but I told them if they got any other new interesting toys that they wanted me to try out to let me know…
this was the trimmer
View attachment 323629
I bought the ac infinity one. It does work well. I'm not going to have patience to trim 3 or 4 lbs a harvest. I tried wet and dry trimming with it. Does both very well but if you put them in semi wet it doesn't work quire as well. So use these on fresh cut buds or super dry ones.

I was looking at a trim brush. I would need an excuse , like having way for harvest for me to use any kind of trimmer. I just hate the amount of movement and touch. I know it barely harms trichs but it just hurts to watch. I don't mind needles, but I don't like watching others get em.
Then again, I curse at trimming. It does give me some me time though and I get to relax.
I've used the brush. Bud has to be super dry to work.

this was the trimmer
View attachment 323629
I've used the brush. Bud has to be super dry to work.
I figured. Prob more dry than I prefer.

I don’t mind trimming. I love it when my weed is finally ready and I love to touch it while I trim. I dont think I will need a trimmer but if my hands get any stiffer I may in the future and give up another love to old age but until then while I can still hold scissors I’ll be thankful for that I guess…
Worst part about growing by far for me is trimming. Last falls crop was given a crappy trim because I just didn’t care enough to do it properly. I am almost glad I had some PM and bud rot since it drastically cut down on the workload. Almost…

Worst part about growing by far for me is trimming. Last falls crop was given a crappy trim because I just didn’t care enough to do it properly. I am almost glad I had some PM and bud rot since it drastically cut down on the workload. Almost…
Never glad about PM and bud rot. What you smoking this morning Fogey?

this was the trimmer
View attachment 323629

Mine works great, just don't turn it too fast. Well worth it for me. Does about a pound in maybe 20 minutes.

Updating the spider farmer light tent with the next grow. This time an auto tent. Put these tiny seedlings in the tent just a week ago. They have over doubled in size and seem to be digging their new environment. The light is over the plants bout 24” and is running on 80%. I’ll be moving that 80% up to 100% gradually this week as I peek in on them. I didn’t expect all 10 seed to pop and respond so well so for now they can all stay but at least two of them if not 4 will have to go depending on how big these girls wanna be. This is the end of week 1.
View attachment 323471

Nice line up Subbie. Most interesting in how the AG comes out. It on my list of beans to get. Have fun. 🤪

Will you be putting the ones you cut outside? I'll be growing 6 Autos outside and two in the house this year. I'm still waiting for Northern Lightryder to finish up they are 13 weeks into flowering. I'm waiting on more trich to amber before I chop them.

Will you be putting the ones you cut outside? I'll be growing 6 Autos outside and two in the house this year. I'm still waiting for Northern Lightryder to finish up they are 13 weeks into flowering. I'm waiting on more trich to amber before I chop them.
I already have other plans for outside. We are only allowed 4 plants here so I don’t want to push it. Those Northern Lights outta be ready gosh a Molly. Did you sample them yet?

Ya I did taste test and it taste earthy and a nice sticky bud. Buzzy is mellow. Can't wait until they are all in jars and curing. I'll be taking my computer in Tue for a checkup. I can't upload any picture either that or downloading so I couldn't update my thread to show picture of the white hairs on buds at 13 wks of flowering. I like my trich mostly amber.

Latest posts

Back