Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qdavid

Reaction score
I posted a sob story before about scoring and also a seed order not coming and they wouldn't give me my money back (BC Bud). But never say die. I may as well start planning next years grow. I live in a hot humid climate and the soil is real sandy. I live on the Gulf Coast. Hurricanes be damned. Come on Cat 4. I had ordered a Red Hair breed before from an island thinking they'd be used to a sandy soil. But since they never came I might as well start planning for next year. Has anybody got breed suggestions they think would be good for hot and humid climate and sandy soil?

Regardless of what strain you end up planting, your best bet would be to start in fall by amending the soil for a spring planting, sand is good for drainage and little else, If I were you, I'd chose your location(s) now and start by adding a bag of potting or garden mixed soil to each location.

By spending this fall amending the soil in your chosen location(s) with compost, potting mix or other organic material you will be able to plant any number of different strains by spring.. IMHO

Living in a hot sandy location, what I have done in the past as a, "last minute effort", (just prior to planting), is dig a hole in the sandy soil, 2 feet in diameter x 2 feet deep, fill the hole with a bag of soil mix and cover the last few inches with the sand so that the (darker/contrasting) soil mix is not discernable or visable from the surface... (stealth)

Latest posts

Back