Superthrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

Being that S.T. is a non fertilizer, pesticided, and has no polluting properties, is it organic?

It is comprised of vitamins and hormones correct?

so can this product still be a continued stress relief or supplement to the grow?

thx

I would say yes but it depends on where those vits and hormones are derived.

if the hormones are naturally occurring and of a plant species it might be fine, but.....if derived or altered in a lab, then no.

also....if the hormones are from another animal/organism and then absorbed and utilized by the MJ plant, is this considered genetically altering?

there's a lot to consider before anyone can just use something and deem it organic, anyone know where the horomones in S.T. come from?

I guess the only way to grow true organic would be to only utilise ferts you make yourself???

My wife has a small scale worm casting farm, i want to use that to make my own teas as well.

ST, is in no way organic. It will kill your microbes in the soil. i use Alg-a-mic, by Bio Biz. It definitely isn't superthrive, but it is OMRI cert. and helps keep the plants healthy and growing strong. Smell superthrive... Does that smell organic to you?

"Smell superthrive... Does that smell organic to you?"

No.....but neither does sulfer! pewwwwwwww! :D

thanks for the alg-a-mic tip! i'm going to look for that product.

yaaa bro superthrive its the best thing that happen to growers

but its not made for organic grow

I use superthrive in my organic grows. Never seems to mess anything up at all. Kill your microbes lol that's funny. No superthrive isnt' fully organic, but it just can't be beat when you have problems or need to transplant. Otherwise i dont' use it.

Superthrive is best used for what it was meant for and that is recovery after a stress... like a transplant.

Mostly superthrive is a root growth stimulant .Don't use it in flower.. cause it will cause funky mutations and bud formation. Otherwise it's good to use sparingly .. fully organic or not.

My local ponics store has Organics in the name and it carries ST and a bunch of other non-organic items. I know there are some organic active ingredients... Kelp or Alfalfa? Either way, the grape vine (Eman) tells me it is not organic, and that grape vine is definitely one I trust to climb on.

Also, ST has been around for soooo long. Don't you think they would put something on the label if it were organic due to the organic fad we are in?

After calling Super Thrive PERSONALLY i was informed by the company that the Super Thrive product is NOT organic.

It was at one time considered organic but by the new definition it is not and will not be considered organic due to "synthetic" vitamins. The vitamins are in no way harmful for human consumption. However they are not natually occuring vitamins.

You will not be able to certify anything that this product has been used on as "certified organic".

In some organic trade publications, Super Thrive advertises but for personal use and not for products to be resold as "certified organic".

From this post forward i will personally no longer consider any person to use S.T. as an "organic" grower. I guess that is something that is subjective and requires an honor system of sorts.

allgrownup said:
After calling Super Thrive PERSONALLY i was informed by the company that the Super Thrive product is NOT organic.

Well, I guess that clears *that* up!

Thanks man. Now, we know the rest of the story!

they really dont have ST anywhere around where i live ... im not 2 happy about it

I dont use super thive anymore gave it all away to my bro and yeha that stuff is harsh and no way organic

Mr.Wakenbake said:
I use superthrive in my organic grows. Never seems to mess anything up at all. Kill your microbes lol that's funny. No superthrive isnt' fully organic, but it just can't be beat when you have problems or need to transplant. Otherwise i dont' use it.

Superthrive is best used for what it was meant for and that is recovery after a stress... like a transplant.

Mostly superthrive is a root growth stimulant .Don't use it in flower.. cause it will cause funky mutations and bud formation. Otherwise it's good to use sparingly .. fully organic or not.

ditto on this...when used properly this is a magnificent product :)

I've moved this discussion out of the organic growing area. It's been confirmed that superthrive isn't organic, so it's more appropriate in this area.

Stoney.

they don't have it in your area? I bought mine in the garden area of wal mart...

Organicheads are funny. like there's any good thing you can burn, inhale and coat yer lungs with that is good for ya.

alaskabud said:
Organicheads are funny. like there's any good thing you can burn, inhale and coat yer lungs with that is good for ya.
To each, his own, as I've always said. There are always people who think differently than others. It doesn't mean that they're funny, just different than you.

I've known a lot of people who get into organics. It's something that they enjoy. They don't hurt anyone, so that's cool with me.

In the vegetable world, it prolly is good for you. My hydro veggies are all grown with GH Flora series nutes. It works great for me.

Stoney Bud said:
To each, his own, as I've always said. There are always people who think differently than others. It doesn't mean that they're funny, just different than you.

I've known a lot of people who get into organics. It's something that they enjoy. They don't hurt anyone, so that's cool with me.

In the vegetable world, it prolly is good for you. My hydro veggies are all grown with GH Flora series nutes. It works great for me.

I know, it's not like I would go in the organic section and say anything but since you moved the thread over here:D Plants absorb basic elements and they don't care if it came from pile of crap or a bottle. Nitrogen is nitrogen, potasium is potasium etc.:D

Latest posts

Back