The Captain's Second Grow Journal !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainViper

Cooler Than Your Dad
Reaction score
Howdy Folks! Well, after a little time to clean out our "Garden", Trying to make sure we got rid of all the frigg'in spider-mites,ect. ect., moveing the lights around, well, Here we go again! For you folks who have'ent seen our other "Grow Journal" our thinking for our garden { and why we grow in the first place} is very simple; After growing weary of constantly spending higher and higher money for "Mid"-to "High" grade smoke over the years, we decided to spend that money on growing our own. Let's say you spend around $120.00 for a 1/4 Oz. every 2 weeks. [ Personaly, A 1/4 Oz.'s gone after 5 days around My house, but , we'll say you're not that heavy a smoker ;) .] That's $240.00 a month! And For What?? Now, I'm not trying to talk down were ever you buy your smoke from. Just ask yourself "How far-down the line do I stand?" The Grower is going to keep the "Kindest" Buds for himself, The Guy who gets it next takes the best from his bag,ect.ect. For the same $$ you spend to smoke 5th or 20th timed handeled bud, you can grow your own smoke, "The Likes You Have Never Tasted Before". Now, not everyone can afford 1000 Watt HPS,or the money to run them. We use one 175w MH, and one 105 CFL, in our bloom area. The "Nursery" has 3 Smaller CFL's. Both rooms are closets, Veg's 4' x 3' x 5' , Bloom area 6' x 2 1/2' x 5' . On the walls of the Bloom area is insulation foam, does not stay wet, good reflective surface, easy clean. We use Superthrive, luquid seaweed, "Earth Juice" Grow, KoolBloom and Molasses / Floralicious plus {A free sample that came w/ our MH light!} and tap-water. We grow in Soil and Pearlite. Both Rooms have constant air-circulation w/ small rotateing fans. Temps run around 85-95 days and drops to around 72 at night. The plants in the Bloom area were planted around 9/15/06 as seeds, as of today, 11/23, The larger one is 18 in. tall and had been "pinched" for more bud sites. The smaller one is 14 in. tall and looks stunted, but has been growing at a slower pace. Both are supriseingly strong growers, with strong Viens, thick center stalks, and a wonderful scent when rubbed w/ fingers, spicey, with a strong lemon smell. Both are "Desert Lights", given to us by "Frends". The seedlings in the dark green pots are "Grandaddy Purple"'s ,planted 11/15 and are only 1 1/4 in. tall. { ain't they cute?:D } The 3 seedlings in the 2 brown pots are our experimental sprouts, the 2 in one pot are a cross of a Desert lights xNorthern lights x Skunk #1, the other seedling is a Suprise Sprout from some "Mystery Seeds", Could be a "True" Skunk {We're Hopeing} or ? Who knows, our frend only smokes "High"-Grade, So we're trying them out. I will be trying to post pic's at least once a week, hope you all like these pic's, I know my wife and I will be enjoying some very tasty smoke when we are done with this one! The clones are N.L. x SK #1.

View attachment IMG_0005.jpg

View attachment IMG_0006.jpg

View attachment IMG_0007.jpg

View attachment IMG_0008.jpg

View attachment IMG_0009.jpg

View attachment IMG_0010.jpg

View attachment IMG_0011.jpg

View attachment IMG_0012.jpg

View attachment IMG_0013.jpg

Whats up CV. Everything is looking great man. Got some young ladies and some babies. Now all you need is some big fat frosty buds and they will come in time. Good luck on the grow as i will be following it the whole way. Here is some GREEN MOJO.

GreenMojo.JPG

Got a good start... i wish u luck against those mites! I had them over the summer.. wasn't fun.

I dunno how much stuff goes for in your area... around $180cad/ounce (28.3 grams)
But I definately spend WAY less growing it then what I would pay to buy the same amount.
One grow typically costs me:
160 for power
105 for nutes
15 for new active carbon filter
So 280 total... and I produce around 1pound 8ounces in a grow.
Street value ~678... so I've definately saving money. I dont have to deal with the ''element'' selling it. So safer.. I know whas in it as well.
It isn't just me smokin it.. me and a friend go splits.. but even then... 3/4 pound each, every 3 months holds us and our friends that party with us. (you always seem to have more friends when it is free)

your looking good there fam. cant wait until they fill out keep up the good work. we kindof have the same setup i am ruong a 175mh and a 4 ft 4 bulb t8 128 watts. plus 2 40 watt cfls warm 3000k. i think all that comes up around 4414 lumes per sq ft in a 5x2 area and 7522 in a 2x2 space.just tought id run some #'s by you. so you see we have all most the same set up

Howdy, My Frends, Great News! One of our "Desert Lights" has showen us HER true nature. The larger DL has started growing a couple of little white pistil's :D Her sibling next to her is'ent growing as fast, but is still growing strong, both have strong, thick stems { Hopefully, to hold up the massive buds they are going to be growing :D } and both are starting to show sparkly patchs on leaves and stems of pre-THC glans. Speaking of THC glands...Our 2 "Grandaddy Purples" seedlings are also showing what looks like THC- glans on thier little leaves :) All of our other "babys" are doing well. Thank-you all for your replys and wishs of "Green Mojo". Hey TBG! It's Working! We belive The "Green Mojo" is shineing on the "Girls"! Thanks! The larger, Older Girl, with the yellow leafs, is an N.L. x Skunk that we put in so we would have something to smoke, while we are waiting for our seedlings.:stoned:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

View attachment IMG_0003.jpg

View attachment IMG_0004.jpg

Whats going on CV. Man by the looks of things you have alot going on. Glad the GREEN MOJO worked for ya. The ladies also love music so i thought why not play a tune for them. :guitar: :D How many plants you got going? By the looks of things once your babies grow up your gonna have a freaking jungle in there. :p ;) Anywho keep up the great work man we love to see progress. :aok:

Thanks TBG, your right.. we're going to have a Jungle allright :D We're hopeing so anyway. Honestly, we do have quite a few seeds, and we want to grow as much as we can :D Why use as much light as we have { for our little gro-space} for only 2 or 3 plants that produce 1 1/2 oz. dryed smoke? When we could grow 8 or 10 plants...in the same space? We also want to try back-crossing our Desert Lights w/ our D.L. Pollen and crossing with some Bullrider pollen we have.:D Since we only grow 3 or 4 types of plants, we want to try in-breeding what we have to grow the tastiest { and of course, Stoniest :D } bud that we can. Also Very good Genitics are hard to come by down here, along with our political situations, and the tighter border. Until things change we'll work with what we have/ can find. Some of our seeds from frends are suppose to have some "True" Skunk, and we have already sprouted one seed already, we'll see. Will keep you posted, my frends. CaptainViper.

I Think some of these Pic's Really show our "Nursery" well. Remember, our grow-areas are really small, closets. We have 14 "Babys" Going, at the time of this post.The First 2-3 pic's are our "Grandaddy Purps" seedlings, Planted around the middle of Nov. Doing sweet. The rest of the pic's show the rest of our "Babys" they are various N.L. x Skunk#1 Clones, Some "Desert Lights" Seedlings, A couple of D.L.xN.L. seedlings, and 2 "Mystery Seeds" of Something "Good" from a frend. We have 4 various CFL's, Mostly Found and Bought at WallyWorld.{Funny What you can find at "Were America Shops" :D }

View attachment IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

View attachment IMG_0012.jpg

Whats up CV. Bummer about the male man but atleast ya got a nice female and a bunch of little ones for back up. Everything is looking great my friend keep it up. :aok:

Good Morning My Frends,:D I Hope This Post Finds You And Your Gardens Doing Well. More "Green MoJo" Has Been at Work Here!:D Our "Desert Lights" Girl has been Doing Very Well, She's 4 Months old now, and Developing Bud Sites, { And with No sign of any Hermi-Traits.;) }

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

For Only Lower branches,{ Put-in So we would leave our Other Plants Alone.:D } She's doing very well under the 175 Mh. Her Bud's are still on the small side, But are Tight,Hard and showing Much Promise! Having Grown out This Plant Before, We Know She's Going to have some nice size Nugs.:aok:

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

After rearanging the "Nursery", Everything Looks to be doing better than before! Our Seedlings are Growing well, And the internodes are tighter/ Not as much streching between internodes.:D As you can see, Our Grandaddy Purps are doing very well. They are 6 weeks old here. Words cannot express how much we want these "Babys" To do the best they can do. To say our Hopes are "High", well....We are feeding them alternately between Scott's Liquid Grow, Superthrive, EarthJuice Grow, and Liquid Kelp. Enjoy the Pic's!!!

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

View attachment IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

hey your looking good keep it up. cant wait to see them nice and full

Whats going on CV. Man everything is looking great at your end my friend. Ladies in flower, babies in veg what more could you ask for except maybe a table dance and a few bongs.:banana: :bong1: Keep up the great work man can't wait to see the final product. :aok: Sorry but the banana was the only thing i could find dancing. :D

Plant growth is realy amazing. Watching closely everyday. Two Days ago Posted My last Up-Date and Pic's,Took more To-nite,Wow:eek: ALL our "Babys" are Doing well. :D

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Finaly, Pictures with Visable bud sites!! This is our "Desert Lights" Pretty Cool Huh. O.K., O.k. The picture Quality Is'ent the best, Just sit back, Smoke 2-3 More Bong-Loads { Just Like Im Doing Right Now :D :bong: :stoned:} NOW Look Closer, There you go! The Bigger, More Budded Plant is our N.L.x Skunk.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

After Looking Closer at our N.L.'s Plant,Useing Our Eyepiece, What do I think I See? Glan-Heads/THC,Baby. The whole Reason we Grow!!:D Now, I'll admit, The Buds ARE small...But the glan-heads look like Balloons, and some look to be changeing from clear to cloudy.:confused: O.k. This plant has been under our 175W Mh. since The end of Oct. That's really not long enough, I know. But there they are. We're Not pulling her out just yet, Only takeing a small sample, you know, Just To Try it out.;) We're Drying-out a small branch as I write this. Will let you-all know how its tasteing.:D WE are thinking that this plant has matured faster because of 3 things. 1. This plant is the bottom of one of our older "Mother" plants, that we have been takeing Clones from for the last 3-4 months. 2. We don't really Know for sure how big the buds get on the Bottom of this plant. Haveing mainly Growen-out Clones, and takeing off the bottom branchs of those,so the plant could focus its energy on producing bigger "Colas" on top. :D 3.WE'RE OUT OF POT. Well, Not completely, but close..The Male Plant we Yanked-out, A little-bit of keif left-over, for topping nasty tasting "male" buds,"Pretendica".not much, Im afraid.And a whole week to go untill Payday, Damm.

What can I Say? Everything's Looking Great.:yay: And Honestly, I think we're going to have some of our BEST Harvests yet. Our "Desert Lights" is doing Wonderful. Tonite I Counted 30 Bud-sites on her! Hey TBG!! Thanks for the tip! My Wife,LadyViper,Mixed-up a Batch Of Milk of Magnesia and water, 1 Oz. to a gallon of water, Flushed First, Then Watered with the M.o.M./water, Cleared-Up that magnesia deficency right-away! Haven't had a problem since.:D Here's a Couple of New Pic's:

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

View attachment IMG_0015.jpg

View attachment IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Yup she sure is looking good mang. How long does she have left before she gets the axe? Keep up the great work. ;)

Latest posts

Back