The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't measure what the water was after I soaked it. I could've done that too. But yeah, I didn't seem to pick up any ppm's.

Errr.. I just put it in water.. let it expand, then shook it out as I put it in the pots.

Doc, I'm not sure if this is relevant but my first time with coco coir was a disaster. The stuff was FILTHY, the ppms were something insane like 1500.... I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, it was awful.

Doc, I'm not sure if this is relevant but my first time with coco coir was a disaster. The stuff was FILTHY, the ppms were something insane like 1500.... I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, it was awful.

Yeah I hear it's all in the brand. PJ recommended the Plant!it brand for the reason of it being 99% cleaner than anything else he had experience with. So I went with it, and have notice 0 change in PPM's from it.

BUT, I've used some other "lesser" coco's in the past and it was total fail. Canna Coco is my choice for straight Coco fiber, and rolling with the Plant!it brand for the chips :aok:

I think after a rinse the coco chips Plant!it are fine........ the general hydroponics brand Coco Tek had nothing in it......... the other brand I ordered from Home Depot.. CS Soils coir blocks had something in that bumped the ppm up over 200 ppm....... they do state it is for hydroponics and low EC (salt content)......... the CS Soils coir blocks are what I'm using currently........ doesn't seem to hurt my plants......... but I'm going to for sure rinse it before I use it again......... I will be using it again....http://www.homedepot.com/p/CS-Soils-0-5-cu-ft-Coir-Briquettes-3-Pack-CSP-HCFT-CBRQ-03PK/204689810.

Happy B-Day Doc. Are you an old fart yet ? or still lying about it ? :laugh::rofl::yay::dancing::clap:

Dirty Tree <=== That's my age

hah :)

Thanks Schoolboy and yooper :aok:

Bit of an update..

Here's my experimental tent with the Mars Hydro Sun Series light in it, and a scrog'd Pineapple Express mom I'm vegging / flowering out. Let's see what this light can do...

View attachment May31stUpdate (42 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (43 of 43).jpg

Here's the before and afters of a lot of trimming. Some of them I topped, but others I did not. I also haven't staked anything yet as I believe it needs to grow a bit more, but was considering doing a little bit of LST in place of it... either way, was going to let them recover from trimming.

This tent (#2) is on day 18 of vegging, since throwing roots and getting transplanted into this setup.

View attachment May31stUpdate (1 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (2 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (3 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (14 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (15 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (13 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (10 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (31 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (32 of 43).jpg

And finally, here's my Cinderella 99 at day 59 flower in Tent #1

View attachment May31stUpdate (33 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (41 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (34 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (39 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (40 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (35 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (36 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (37 of 43).jpg
View attachment May31stUpdate (38 of 43).jpg

when do you have time to smoke some of it......... lotta work in all that. well done DGF.
:48:

Doc,
I see you be rockin` it again. Good growin`, congrats.

I can almost see the white circle on the test light tent, I'll be watching that close. The rest looks good as always Doc, keep up the good work. I'm also waiting to see how you feel about the CAP ebb/flow you have set up. If you like it then I will be leaning in that direction soon myself. Great update, the girls sure do look happy, green mojo bro.

I can almost see the white circle on the test light tent, I'll be watching that close. The rest looks good as always Doc, keep up the good work. I'm also waiting to see how you feel about the CAP ebb/flow you have set up. If you like it then I will be leaning in that direction soon myself. Great update, the girls sure do look happy, green mojo bro.

Yeah, that circle is odd....but after looking at Spectrum King and California Lightworks, I'm wondering if they are doing some hybrid RBW color chips with... yeah I don't know. I'm not going to act like I have a clue, just an idea :) lol. Maybe it's a hybrid white / color light? Meh, I dunno.

Also, I have the Hydrofarm Grow Flow setup, which was the company that bought the CAP design, so just take note of that :) Either way, you don't have to wait to see how I feel... I freaking LOVE this system!!! I wish I did this years ago, and seriously this is NUTS how awesome of a setup this is! No need to wait on me mate... this is first class. :tu:

I have the Hydrofarm Grow Flow setup, which was the company that bought the CAP design, so just take note of that :) Either way, you don't have to wait to see how I feel... I freaking LOVE this system!!!

Yea..... I know it's based on the CAP design, there are three or four companies that are using close to the same design. It's just easier to address the design rather than the company Doc. I have found 3 different brands but still feel the hydrofarm is the best design, but I also hear there is a new CAP Ebb/Flow coming out with improvements, just don't have a clue what the improvements are going to be. I'm glad you like it Doc, I just want to hear about res changes, top offs, how the ramp is going all the technical stuff, the plants...you know how to grow. I want to know how much easier this has made it, and what kind of weight you pull off a full grow that's dialed in.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

It's just easier to address the design rather than the company Doc.

ahh indeed.. in that case; The Ebb and Flo system is absolutely AMAZING! :D

Have you done any shaping yet or is it too soon to start training them? Either way all your girls looks phenomenal as always Doc.

Latest posts

Back