The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had those big rattlers at my house in Georgia (very near this same area). Anything I saw near the house or walking area in my yard was a dead one. Sorry snake lovers. I dont mind a black snake hanging around but these guys both large and small are very dangerous to let hang around. I killed one that my neighbor skinned and tanned the leather on. He also smoked the meat and brought it to work which I tried but the smoky greasy taste was not to my liking.

Hopefully they didn't kill it and were able to release it somewhere suitable
Look closely at the neck of the snake just below where it is being skewerd by the spear: Note the bullet hole(s) sticking the hide out.

Gonna 'fess up: On my best day, I would never have even remotely contemplated my Swiss Army Knife maneuver on that beast. That thing snacks on rottweilers.

ONE UGLY PUPPY !!!!

Read a story about a man that raised one for 4 years, one day it grabbed him, and dragged him into the water and ate him.
[/QUOTE]

ya those hippo's are mean I even thing it can take a elephant. I wouldn't get close to one those beasts. The adults probably open there months taller then the height (5.2) of me or
more. 🦛

We had those big rattlers at my house in Georgia (very near this same area). Anything I saw near the house or walking area in my yard was a dead one. Sorry snake lovers. I dont mind a black snake hanging around but these guys both large and small are very dangerous to let hang around. I killed one that my neighbor skinned and tanned the leather on. He also smoked the meat and brought it to work which I tried but the smoky greasy taste was not to my liking.
The average Western Diamondback where I grew up was 5' long and weighed about a pound per foot. The big ones like the one pictured were brought up from Texas pandhandle to compete in the Okene annual Rattlesnake Roundup.

Big rattler (1).jpg

There are some huge Rattlesnakes In West Texas. My grandfather worked on an oil lease. His hobby was catching Rattlesnakes. I've seen big cages ful of the mean fkers. He sold them to an Indian guy who milked them and of course made shit out of the skins. Never seen one that big though.

Read a story about a man that raised one for 4 years, one day it grabbed him, and dragged him into the water and ate him.

ya those hippo's are mean I even thing it can take a elephant. I wouldn't get close to one those beasts. The adults probably open there months taller then the height (5.2) of me or
more. 🦛
[/QUOTE]
On the other hand, you only need one for a nice pot of sauce......

The average Western Diamondback where I grew up was 5' long and weighed about a pound per foot. The big ones like the one pictured were brought up from Texas pandhandle to compete in the Okene annual Rattlesnake Roundup.

View attachment 307879

looks like it is getting popular nowadays

Rattlesnake Hunts in Oklahoma

Waurika Rattlesnake Festival: April 8-11

Waynoka Rattlesnake Hunt: April 9-11

Apache Rattlesnake Festival: April 15-18

Okeene Rattlesnake Roundup: April 23-25

Mangum Rattlesnake Derby: April 23-25.

Latest posts

Back