The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a flying pig.

1678976192185.png

Filmless pictures and x-ray took the bottom out of the silver market.
Silver is to bulky anyway. I have 8 lbs of quarters and half dollars. Enough for me. Gold is a different animal.

Done doing a cut and hang. In about 7 days a dry trim is in order.

I respectfully disagree. The Gummint already has demonstrated the ability to cover/control crypto.

Fractional gold notes/coins is what BRICS and the other joiners going away from the US dollar are setting up as you read this.
Unc, I get what you're saying about gold being prized, coveted, a hedge against inflation and viewed throughout the world as an asset with real inherent value. I also think that the basic premise that paper money around the world is going to be worth less and less over time is absolutely correct.

However, where they run to is another story imo.

* Long term returns on gold are poor
* Gold is hard to value. The value of gold is determined by supply and demand, which is very hard to predict. Demand typically goes up based on fear and not fundamentals
* Gold has little actual utility or industrial end-uses

Based on the above and more, gold is a tricky investment imo. Does it provide diversification? Sure. Can it be thought of as a currency? That fact seems almost undeniable. But does it hedge against inflation and provide a viable long-term investment? I don't believe so - but what do I know.

I believe crypto is still in its infancy but is showing enough to say it does have a future

So when I went to check the Acapulco Gold seeds to see if they popped I saw this. Could this be twins?
View attachment 322301
it seemed to have two roots…
found this this morning. I guess twins. I’ve never had that happen before. Mutant?

View attachment 322302

been there done that

like others have already said , you have choices

if left together , loke GW said , they will compete , not good

in my experience there was always a stronger dominate plant andthe weak one usually dies off

or , like Roster said , you can plant them and when they get bigger , dig them up and separate the roots ,repot and you have two plants

it is a fun learning experience

i am looking for a trifoliate twin with whorled calyxes and double serrated leaves

Latest posts

Back