The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my lazy ass accomplished a little bit today. Went to two farm type stores, power washed the tractor, got the rototiller off of it, did some maintenance on it, moved the MDD into the small barn behind the plow Jeep, and took little Red up to the car wash and then back to TSC to pick up some hydro fluid. Got everything locked up and am cooling down a bit before I jump my sweaty arse into the shower. Whew..... More to do, but tomorrow's another day.

Hey, Walt. Any relation? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will.

In order:

1. All us Sneds are related. 110 known spellings of the name.

2. I haven't watched it more than a coupla minutes either. <-- Because the kid reading it is way overplaying the bullshit newspaper angle.

Regarding the story of the haunted Sned house -- This kid reading a garbled (very) story of the Connecticut Sneds who bought a house that previously was a mortuary should have predicated the story with the known reality, and dropped the silly "suspense".

In a nutshell. Without the bullshit, their son was a fargin schizophrenic heavy drug user that eventually 'fessed up to doing all the crap going down.

As the Family Historian, I have to chase this shit down time and again. An author named Ray Garton was asked to write the story, and he discovered a shitload of sensationalism and lies.

There was a guy (not a Sned) living in the rented upstairs whose observations conflicted totally with the crooked Sneds downstairs. And the downstairs guys pissed him off with their phony hype. He caught them out time and again, while trying to write about what they hired him for.

Ray went on record with this debunk, but that did not stop the bullshit train. He told the world (he was ignored) that even though what they claimed did not jibe with observations, the "haunted" downstairs assholes pressured him to ignore and even greatly sensationalize it.

The result (and I haven't a clue who made all the money on it) was a movie (two?) about haunted houses. They're baaa-ack...

Don't waste your time listening to some kid read "scare" into a dis-everything hoax.

Well, my lazy ass accomplished a little bit today. Went to two farm type stores, power washed the tractor, got the rototiller off of it, did some maintenance on it, moved the MDD into the small barn behind the plow Jeep, and took little Red up to the car wash and then back to TSC to pick up some hydro fluid. Got everything locked up and am cooling down a bit before I jump my sweaty arse into the shower. Whew..... More to do, but tomorrow's another day.
Try not to list that stuff so granularly. Here it is, 7:30AM and I am now exhausted from reading the above.

And I have yet to feed the peacocks that are tapping at my window. (*sigh*)

Just took the dog out back and looked at the garden. Wet and cool....almost chilly! Been a cool/cold and wet spring. My garden is behind schedule. I hate the GLOBAL WARMING! My maters have been in the ground for a little over a week now and today is the first day I am seeing any vertical growth as they have mostly just been sitting there. Everything is looking good they just need some sun. Supposed to rain every day for the next few days......geez.....

In order:

1. All us Sneds are related. 110 known spellings of the name.

2. I haven't watched it more than a coupla minutes either. <-- Because the kid reading it is way overplaying the bullshit newspaper angle.

Regarding the story of the haunted Sned house -- This kid reading a garbled (very) story of the Connecticut Sneds who bought a house that previously was a mortuary should have predicated the story with the known reality, and dropped the silly "suspense".

In a nutshell. Without the bullshit, their son was a fargin schizophrenic heavy drug user that eventually 'fessed up to doing all the crap going down.

As the Family Historian, I have to chase this shit down time and again. An author named Ray Garton was asked to write the story, and he discovered a shitload of sensationalism and lies.

There was a guy (not a Sned) living in the rented upstairs whose observations conflicted totally with the crooked Sneds downstairs. And the downstairs guys pissed him off with their phony hype. He caught them out time and again, while trying to write about what they hired him for.

Ray went on record with this debunk, but that did not stop the bullshit train. He told the world (he was ignored) that even though what they claimed did not jibe with observations, the "haunted" downstairs assholes pressured him to ignore and even greatly sensationalize it.

The result (and I haven't a clue who made all the money on it) was a movie (two?) about haunted houses. They're baaa-ack...

Don't waste your time listening to some kid read "scare" into a dis-everything hoax.
I figured out quickly that it was the same old story I'd heard many years ago. Also figured it to be horse pucky. Just had to mention it to see if'n you knew anything about it and you didn't disappoint me. The last name was a dead give-a-way. Smith? Jones? Jackson? Pretty generic. Your last name sticks out like a rabbit turd on a white rug. Not in a bad way, though. :)

Just took the dog out back and looked at the garden. Wet and cool....almost chilly! Been a cool/cold and wet spring. My garden is behind schedule. I hate the GLOBAL WARMING! My maters have been in the ground for a little over a week now and today is the first day I am seeing any vertical growth as they have mostly just been sitting there. Everything is looking good they just need some sun. Supposed to rain every day for the next few days......geez.....

thank a rich politician for that

Good morning passionate old farts and fartesses!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
cigar5.gif
snoopy2.gif

Latest posts

Back