The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, after looking over all my seeds, conversing with some here and doing some research I have decided on the new strains to grow. I still have all my old ones going but variety is the spice of life.

So, I have decided to start 2 strains from seed and one from clones. The seeds Muy Azil and Snow Leopard are from Big. I am growing the Snow Leopard because Big said it would be difficult to grow indoors. I SIMPLY CAN'T RESIST THAT CHALLENGE. The clone is Death Star. Think we all know where that came from.

Clouds are building and rain is coming. As is sit here looking out the window.

Grass seed sewn, cages and room cleaned, first batch of jerky is just about to come out to make way for the second batch, and I'm beat. Might sharpen a couple of knives, but then again they might wait 'til tomorrow.

Finally got a nice, steady rain coming down. Lord knows we needed it. I was going to go out and do my rain dance yesterday but my back was not in the dancing mood. I don't have any superpowers like Walt's bride, but I can dance up some rain. Back in my working days, about once or twice a month, I wanted to pull a nooner. I'd start dancing half an hour before lunch time, and sure as sugar, most times it would rain. I remember the superintendent calling me all kinds of nasty names over the FM radios we carried. Had to remind him of FCC rules on that kind of silliness.

Speaking of silliness, anybody heard from our little Ness? I hope she's doing well and sporting a new set of choppers and will be back online soon.

Ok, after looking over all my seeds, conversing with some here and doing some research I have decided on the new strains to grow. I still have all my old ones going but variety is the spice of life.

So, I have decided to start 2 strains from seed and one from clones. The seeds Muy Azil and Snow Leopard are from Big. I am growing the Snow Leopard because Big said it would be difficult to grow indoors. I SIMPLY CAN'T RESIST THAT CHALLENGE. The clone is Death Star. Think we all know where that came from.

Clouds are building and rain is coming. As is sit here looking out the window.
Sounds like a great lineup Pute. I think that snow leopard would actually do well in a tent. It has very close node spacing and branches out on its own very nice. Would fill up a net with bud sites in a hurry I think. The Death Star should be nice as well. glad you changed your mind about growing this summer. Glad big has something going on too. Y’all ain’t no quitters. 🤣

Pute. This is a picture of the node spacing on that snow leopard I was talking about. All the females were about 1/4-1/2 “ node spacing. The males were still close compared to other plants but were spaced about every 1-1/2 and also 1/3 taller than the girls. I got lucky and got 5 seeds out of 7 female
IMG_1394.jpeg

. My son just sent me this picture of the snow leopard I gave him. It’s blooming for sure already. It’s in a 25 gallon pot and gets more sun than mine planted directly in the groundView attachment 330844
This looks more Sativa than my plants look more Indica. I would say maybe he got the plants mixed up that I gave him but none of mine from the same batches have these long skinny leaves. I told him maybe he got a special plant that big didn’t mean to send me 🤪

This looks more Sativa than my plants look more Indica. I would say maybe he got the plants mixed up that I gave him but none of mine from the same batches have these long skinny leaves. I told him maybe he got a special plant that big didn’t mean to send me 🤪
This is my SL. Nothing like it….
IMG_8269.jpeg

. My son just sent me this picture of the snow leopard I gave him. It’s blooming for sure already. It’s in a 25 gallon pot and gets more sun than mine planted directly in the groundView attachment 330844

holy moley , gotta be a seed mix up , which I doubt , or more likely , a recessive trait expressing its bad self , like the Apollo 11 , C 99 , Princess , Jack Herer side of the equation

but yeah , that would be the first one of that expression to show up from all the ones we have sent out the last few years

3B12CA64-51C3-4C16-81E9-B1F6D4BEDEBE.png

Last edited:
An ancient memory popped into my creaky brain this moanin...

It was the first time in my life I shot a pistol. I cannot remember how old I was, but I know that one shot caused me to save every single cent I came across in the year 1951 until I could buy a J.C. Higgins single shot .22 -- So I guess I was about ten years old.

John Condon was a kid I hung out with sometimes. His older brother Ed was a policeman. One day, he took Teddy Purdy, John, and me to a short, shabby, simple police firing range in Rockville Center.

Ed put three beer cans in front of the dirt mound about five feet apart and 25 feet downrange.

We were each going to get to shoot one bullet. Teddy got to shoot first, and he missed by a foot, kicking up brown dirt in the mound. John missed by about the same margin.

My turn came.

The cops' gun was astonishingly heavy. I pointed it at the middle beer can and pulled the trigger. The beer can on the right went flying.

I distinctly remember Ed Condon quietly saying, "Holy shit."

That was all the shooting we did, and everyone came away from the range looking at me every now and then.

Latest posts

Back