The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever seen what a chimpanzee can do? I saw a TV documentary about that. One couple got attacked, it bit his fingers off, eyebrows, nose, lips. Chewed on his azz so much he can't walk. The lady ended up with a face transplant and both her feet eaten off.

They are on average, said to be 16x stronger than average man.
Chimps are cannibalistic.

SubMarineGirl. You are Amazing. You brought something back in my life when I was young. Thank YOU. AWESOME SONG.
You still got the ring of the potty 'round your hiney, youngster.

I bet you never saw a wooden-spoke wheel truck (chain drive) drive by your house.
1689078747470.png

Or an Army Air Force biplane fly over you.
1689078815713.png

Or even a C-119 flying boxcar lumbering toward Mitchell Field.
1689078963476.png

All of these went by when Himself was young... (*sigh*)

Wowza, my Morton Hybrid tomatoes are already taller than I am and I figured out one of their breeding techniques. It bifurcates often instead of simply branching.

Both have multiple meristems competing for how high they climb. I've added a couple additional EMT stakes for two more of them to climb after they cleared the top of the cages.

I ordered a whole new assembly but it was the wrong one. I was going to pop the bearings out of it and utilize the old housing but figured out I could pop the spindle out of the new one and stick the old spindle back in the new housing. It's already got a zerk fitting which I'd have to drill and tap into the old one. In the meantime, I found out that the other spindle was shot, too. Ordered a new one off of Amazon that was exactly what I needed.
I'll top coat the underside today and roll it over and finish up the prep on the upper side and then it's spindle time. Frankendeere lives to fight another day.

I ordered a whole new assembly but it was the wrong one. I was going to pop the bearings out of it and utilize the old housing but figured out I could pop the spindle out of the new one and stick the old spindle back in the new housing. It's already got a zerk fitting which I'd have to drill and tap into the old one. In the meantime, I found out that the other spindle was shot, too. Ordered a new one off of Amazon that was exactly what I needed.
I'll top coat the underside today and roll it over and finish up the prep on the upper side and then it's spindle time. Frankendeere lives to fight another day.
pics please
one of your azz too lol

An old High School classmate has gotten lots of the Class Of '58 together again. We all share life stories. A couple of us have Pilot's Licenses. So I shared this one:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I was learning how to fly to get my Pilot’s License, my instructor was Bill (Crash) Craddock. The SOB was merciless.

One of the things you have to do as a baby birdie is sit in your Spam Can (Cessna 152) and suddenly pull back on the yoke to make the plane climb a hill too steep for it. It is a godawful feeling to sense the plane struggling and about to fail at flying… and then – suddenly!! – the bottom drops out, and you fall exactly as fast as you would if you fell out of the plane. Only you are still in the plane which is not flying anymore. It is a brick. And the controls -- unlike a car -- NOTHING works. No steering (feels totally disconnected/broken off), no braking... Loose stuff inside the plane is floating all around you, inclucing ashes from the ashtray...

Since it was my very first try, I turned loose of the controls when they all disappeared, and told Crash, “Your plane.”

He had said this was perfectly OK and would expect it the first time. So he took over.

Oh, dear. I smelled brimstone and I swear his eyes went red. He held that Spam Can yoke so the plane continued to hurtle vertically straight down.

There is a NEVER-EXCEED speed limit on a Cessna 152. It is 149MPH. There is a red peg on the airspeed indicator that prevents the needle from going past that. This speed is far in excess of the aircraft’s maximum structural cruising speed. The needle was absolutely jammed against the NEVER-EXCEED SPEED peg and we were still going straight down. If you do a little research, you will see that the manufacturer says that a "baby's sigh" could make the plane come apart at or after 149 MPH.

That’s when he pulled back – felt like several g’s – and we came out of the dive.

He got enough speed without the plane coming apart to absolutely LOOP the Cessna with me in it!! This is the equivalent of ski jumping a Mini-Cooper.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back