The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
morning gang. cool mornings now. glad to get some relief. couple weeks and rifle season comes in. time to fill the freezers. i processed 52 lb of sausages last weekend. i have GOT to buy an electric grinder. shoulder still hurts lol. cheddar jalapeño and philly cheese brats. sure are good. i have two sheep we need to process out soon, between lamb and deer we hardly buy meat anymore. nothing like a good roasted lamb shoulder. i gotta stop, getting hungry.

morning gang. cool mornings now. glad to get some relief. couple weeks and rifle season comes in. time to fill the freezers. i processed 52 lb of sausages last weekend. i have GOT to buy an electric grinder. shoulder still hurts lol. cheddar jalapeño and philly cheese brats. sure are good. i have two sheep we need to process out soon, between lamb and deer we hardly buy meat anymore. nothing like a good roasted lamb shoulder. i gotta stop, getting hungry.
Sounds like you are set for the winter yarddog.

Hey folks, get this -- My High School class of 1958 had a reunion this week -- our 65th.

They sent me a video of them singing "Earth Angel" <-- One of the first rock n' roll songs we heard back then. I din' go because it was way up on Long Island at the Coral House in Baldwin <-- I do not travel anymore since my metal sets off alarms and I'd wind up getting half-nekkid and X-rayed again.

Anyway, one of the guys did some math: in 1958, the Class of 1872 was celebrating their 65th. They graduated four years before Custer got a haircut. Thass how old our group is. Jeez.

An equal distance back the same amount of time from my birthday-to-today, it was 1857... five years BEFORE the Civil War started. It was the year the Pandies rebelled in Injah. Sepoy Mutiny.

sepoys not like brits and their ... and it became a patriotic revolt

2491439_orig-1803697987.jpg

Went down there in '76. You could smell an orange grove miles before you got to it. Heavenly. Went back in '86. The groves that were there ten years earlier were gone. Stopped into a Mexican restaurant to feed the wife and was asking what happened to 'em. I was told that Dow had came out with some new fangled spray that would stop the fruit from freezing. It killed the trees. Dow paid out big bucks in a lawsuit and replanted the orchard. The new trees died. Glad I didn't have stock in Dow!

Went down there in '76. You could smell an orange grove miles before you got to it. Heavenly. Went back in '86. The groves that were there ten years earlier were gone. Stopped into a Mexican restaurant to feed the wife and was asking what happened to 'em. I was told that Dow had came out with some new fangled spray that would stop the fruit from freezing. It killed the trees. Dow paid out big bucks in a lawsuit and replanted the orchard. The new trees died. Glad I didn't have stock in Dow!
Try to find yourself some Orange Blossom Honey. I keep jars of it at home.
I hear Pitcairn Honey is one of the best in the world, but I've never tried it.
I'm thinkin' Orange Blossom Honey is just as good. Yes, the smell is heavenly!

Hey folks, get this -- My High School class of 1958 had a reunion this week -- our 65th.

They sent me a video of them singing "Earth Angel" <-- One of the first rock n' roll songs we heard back then. I din' go because it was way up on Long Island at the Coral House in Baldwin <-- I do not travel anymore since my metal sets off alarms and I'd wind up getting half-nekkid and X-rayed again.

Anyway, one of the guys did some math: in 1958, the Class of 1872 was celebrating their 65th. They graduated four years before Custer got a haircut. Thass how old our group is. Jeez.

An equal distance back the same amount of time from my birthday-to-today, it was 1857... five years BEFORE the Civil War started. It was the year the Pandies rebelled in Injah. Sepoy Mutiny.

If I go back the number of my living years before my birth date, I find that among other things;
Benjamin Harrison was President. The Mammoth Mine Disaster occurred, as did the Grand Opening of Carnegie Hall, the first display of Thomas Edison's kinetoscope, and Marie Owens becomes (probably) the first female police officer in the U.S., with the Chicago Police Department.

I don't doubt that a bit! lol
5 bucks an hour was good money then, boo!

good money indeed!

I was pearl diving in 1969 for $1.25 an hour

then I moved to Oklahoma , got a job as a receiving clerk for an electric supply company and made $3.25 an hour

i do not think I would get out of bed for less than $50 an hour now

Latest posts

Back