The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed!

this sailor is another inspiration!

and a salty dog

Slocum joined the crew of a merchant vessel at 16 and from that time on spent most of his life at sea.

In 1889 he wrote Voyage of the Liberdade about one of his passages and in 1894 Voyage of the Destroyer about another.

In April 1895 he set sail from Boston in the 36-foot 9-inch (11.1-metre) Spray, an old fishing boat built about 1800 that he had rebuilt. He sailed alone, following a route that took him to Nova Scotia, the Azores, Gibraltar, South America, Samoa, Australia, South Africa, the West Indies, and finally, in June 1898, to Newport, R.I., to complete his circumnavigation.

He had sailed 46,000 miles (74,000 km) in three years, two months, and two days.

In 1899 he wrote Sailing Alone Around the World, which became a classic in the literature of the sea.

In 1909 he set sail from New England in the Spray to spend the winter in Grand Cayman and was lost at sea.

He was assumed to have been the victim of a collision; he and the Spray were never found, and in 1924 he was declared legally dead.

View attachment 340544
He is wearing my hat! Seriously that is about as hard core a sailor as you will find. Wow.

Bubba

You are 5ft 8 and wear 34 length? I'm 5ft 10 and wear 32 lengths and they fold up a little. Ya bastard, you must be all legs. 😁

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/whats-with-the-supporter-link.82660/post-1323626
I'm about the same height, 30 length is perfect usually for jeans. I used to wear 36 waist, now 33 is a touch roomy. A few years ago when my body decided no more booze was the main thing, and not eating out 3 times a day. (And drinking at the same time)

Bubba

Had too LOL
OGC.84fd269a1439eb16e04f5fc77dedd49a
I see Bob gave you the "it's not a penises, it's a cli toris" line ..

Bubba

I'm about the same height, 30 length is perfect usually for jeans. I used to wear 36 waist, now 33 is a touch roomy. A few years ago when my body decided no more booze was the main thing, and not eating out 3 times a day. (And drinking at the same time)

Bubba
Boo must have some long legs and a short torso to be 5ft 8 and use 34 length in jeans.
I'm 5ft 10 and 32s stack up on my shoes.
I'm a 34 waist.

Yes Sir.

The dirty deed was most likely done by county maintenance workers.

I do not believe it was a farmer or land owner because it is public hunting ground owned by the state.
I just gotta axe: Does some Johnny Appleweed come by back roads spewing seeds from a hay baler? How did real weed get there (eg: Not the rope-making kind.)

I just gotta axe: Does some Johnny Appleweed come by back roads spewing seeds from a hay baler? How did real weed get there (eg: Not the rope-making kind.)

me and Swede have been throwing theories back and forth on who , what, when , and where…

1. it looks deliberate to us , definite starting and finishing point , not random

2. who would do such a thing?…
stoopid idea , some dummies scattered the seeds early spring..

has to be tweekers or dumb teenagers , anyone with brains would not waste seeds nor plant them out in the open like that

the plants should come back next spring because of all the seeds which will drop to the ground and start the next cycle

anyway , that is my theory

Latest posts

Back