The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need, because I would neeever cheat on you!

winner winner
chicken dinner

IMG_6047.jpeg

Went down there in '76. You could smell an orange grove miles before you got to it. Heavenly. Went back in '86. The groves that were there ten years earlier were gone. Stopped into a Mexican restaurant to feed the wife and was asking what happened to 'em. I was told that Dow had came out with some new fangled spray that would stop the fruit from freezing. It killed the trees. Dow paid out big bucks in a lawsuit and replanted the orchard. The new trees died. Glad I didn't have stock in Dow!
THAT EXPLAINS WHAT WENT DOWN AROUND HERE!! I never knew why every single orange tree (thousands of them on a huge farm three miles down the road) just... died. My neighbor's orange tree had no problem.

If I go back the number of my living years before my birth date, I find that among other things;
Benjamin Harrison was President. The Mammoth Mine Disaster occurred, as did the Grand Opening of Carnegie Hall, the first display of Thomas Edison's kinetoscope, and Marie Owens becomes (probably) the first female police officer in the U.S., with the Chicago Police Department.
66. That wuz a good year.

Last edited:
My first Dealership job was at Schofield Bros Pontiac in 1970. $3.50 an hr flat rate....I thought I was rich!
I worked at a tire store/gas station in high school. Min wage was $1.65. Boss eventually raised me to $2.50/hour.
Hundred bucks a week. Yeah - I was rollin' in dough. lol

Looks like she is mildly retarded.....lolz.
Im mildly retarded ,I
I'm just fking with ya brother, but 34 length for 5ft 8" is awfully long. But hey,,its your pants, you can wear them any way ya want. I have to wear regulars to pack my boys. Slim would never work. ;) Okay maybe its because my legs is to big. My pecker is hiding because of all the abuse.😁
poor abused little bastard
morning gang. cool mornings now. glad to get some relief. couple weeks and rifle season comes in. time to fill the freezers. i processed 52 lb of sausages last weekend. i have GOT to buy an electric grinder. shoulder still hurts lol. cheddar jalapeño and philly cheese brats. sure are good. i have two sheep we need to process out soon, between lamb and deer we hardly buy meat anymore. nothing like a good roasted lamb shoulder. i gotta stop, getting hungry.
Or a butterflied leg of lamb on a charcoal bbq is beautius.

Last edited:
Try to find yourself some Orange Blossom Honey. I keep jars of it at home.
I hear Pitcairn Honey is one of the best in the world, but I've never tried it.
I'm thinkin' Orange Blossom Honey is just as good. Yes, the smell is heavenly!
Believe it or not bees that are around poison ivy produce great honey.
There is such a sweet smell when you open a hive.
I pulled a cover off of a hive and there was a little spider and a yellow jacket swooped down grabbed it and flew
I lost a queen and had to buy another one $50.
I put her in the hive and 2 secs later I watched $60 fly away .

note ☝️ The queen cost me $50 and I tossed $10 because I had to drive a hour and twenty each way.
Should add another $15 for lunch too
Bees are not easy ,lifting supers ,losing hives,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back