The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 150.

I had a plane pull onto the runway in front of me on final when I was practicing cross winds with my instructor and he said, "Let me have it.", after which he buzzed them closely at full throttle before we went around and made another pass. I hope they soiled their skivvies.
I was flying along with my older son in a Spam Can 152. Got in the pattern at an open field and announced such. Got on short final, and I hear a woman's voice saying she is taking the active.

Sure 'nuff, she was heading for it. So I sez,

"Hey honey, look to your left. That's me on short final."

She: "OMIGAWD OMIGAWD!! I AM SO SORRY!" :)

Well, now that I have thoroughly iced my back, I’m going to head into town and pick up some supplies for the weekend and then come back and eat a mushroom or two and mow the yard. I got my tent set up and I’m quite happy with the results. I’ve got a handful of plants in there that were in 4 inch pots for months. They are going through an adjustment. But I am already starting to see some rigidity in the stalks and more flowers developing. Laterz…

Boo , somebody would get rich if Bats and Balloons was made into a movie
Bridesmaid Talking Here:

The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century wuz in the works as a two-part miniseries.

First part would have been the European years until just after the Tulpinwindhandel (Tulip Craze).

Second part would have been in Nieuw Amsterdam.

(*sob*) (*snock*) (*snif*) Them bastages in the NWO gang hadda go release the Yuck Flu. It got shelved, then dropped. (*sigh*)

I don't need money, but I would have given my left nut and a year in hell to have had it made into a miniseries.

Hey, @boo -- Hope you get your Bat and Balloon War copy back. The publisher went tits up during the plandemic. No more hardcover copies. So it is a "limited edition". I only have one.

Well, now that I have thoroughly iced my back, I’m going to head into town and pick up some supplies for the weekend and then come back and eat a mushroom or two and mow the yard. I got my tent set up and I’m quite happy with the results. I’ve got a handful of plants in there that were in 4 inch pots for months. They are going through an adjustment. But I am already starting to see some rigidity in the stalks and more flowers developing. Laterz…
I'm sure you will work it into some fine bud when all is done. I am sticking to a couple mothers in a 2x4, a veg 2x4 and flower in 4x4. No more all three running wild, too much work. In fact, may not need a second 2x4 for veg. awful handy when taking cuts.

Bubba

Last edited:
Bridesmaid Talking Here:

The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century wuz in the works as a two-part miniseries.

First part would have been the European years until just after the Tulpinwindhandel (Tulip Craze).

Second part would have been in Nieuw Amsterdam.

(*sob*) (*snock*) (*snif*) Them bastages in the NWO gang hadda go release the Yuck Flu. It got shelved, then dropped. (*sigh*)

I don't need money, but I would have given my left nut and a year in hell to have had it made into a miniseries.

Hey, @boo -- Hope you get your Bat and Balloon War copy back. The publisher went tits up during the plandemic. No more hardcover copies. So it is a "limited edition". I only have one.

Wow, a rare book now! I have copies of both that I would be willing to sell for $100 ea............................................................

Just got done and I am all shaky. We had a frog-strangler yestiddy and the gutters on the back of The Chateau looked like a fargin waterfall.

So I wrassled out the big stepladder and looked. GAHH!! The gutter was solid pine needles even with the top all the whole length of the house.

Took two hours and a blue ton of cussin'. Herself was an absolute angel as usual moving a big garbage can for me to drop the yechh into (I got about 60% in the can, no more). I'll go back mebbe tomorrow to pick up another garbage canful from the lawn.

Got my left hand cut twice on the flashing. Right through my leather work gloves.

Second shower of the day, and I am gonna go lay down. Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such a day...

Just got done and I am all shaky. We had a frog-strangler yestiddy and the gutters on the back of The Chateau looked like a fargin waterfall.

So I wrassled out the big stepladder and looked. GAHH!! The gutter was solid pine needles even with the top all the whole length of the house.

Took two hours and a blue ton of cussin'. Herself was an absolute angel as usual moving a big garbage can for me to drop the yechh into (I got about 60% in the can, no more). I'll go back mebbe tomorrow to pick up another garbage canful from the lawn.

Got my left hand cut twice on the flashing. Right through my leather work gloves.

Second shower of the day, and I am gonna go lay down. Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such a day...
You be careful out there Walt… you know you need to take shake breaks…

Latest posts

Back