The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, one of my favorite food trucks just pulled up. Mexican it is!

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_115241657.jpg
    IMG_20231024_115241657.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, one of my favorite food trucks just pulled up. Mexican it is!
Those things sure aren't the "roach coaches" of yesteryear, are they? We have a couple food trucks running around here.

Menu samples from one: I mean, if yer gonna die ANYWAY...lol numnumnum

BLT Sushi
Thick cut bacon, heirloom tomatoes, & romaine lettuce rolled in sushi rice, coated in tempura batter & Japanese panko, then deep fried with a drizzle of honey sriracha mayo.

Chicken McFly
Blackened chicken sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, homemade blackened ranch, and green leaf on toasted brioche bread.

Tot-Chos
Crispy tots covered with slow smoked pulled pork smothered in Code 3 Spices BBQ sauce, white queso, lettuce, grilled corn, sour cream, & candied jalapenos.

Those things sure aren't the "roach coaches" of yesteryear, are they? We have a couple food trucks running around here.

Menu samples from one: I mean, if yer gonna die ANYWAY...lol numnumnum

BLT Sushi
Thick cut bacon, heirloom tomatoes, & romaine lettuce rolled in sushi rice, coated in tempura batter & Japanese panko, then deep fried with a drizzle of honey sriracha mayo.

Chicken McFly
Blackened chicken sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, homemade blackened ranch, and green leaf on toasted brioche bread.

Tot-Chos
Crispy tots covered with slow smoked pulled pork smothered in Code 3 Spices BBQ sauce, white queso, lettuce, grilled corn, sour cream, & candied jalapenos.
Yup, pretty tightly regulated around here. They either have to also have a physical place of business as well, or be associated with one if they don't.

Bubba

I used to repair the cooking equipment in these food trucks when I worked for Hobart! I can respect anyone that can work in these. Tight and very hot quarters but most of them they make good food. You know what was real fun? Repairing stuff in Prison's. They make you do a background check and I was sweating it. I just hoped it was long enough ago when I was kinds or shifty.

I used to repair the cooking equipment in these food trucks when I worked for Hobart! I can respect anyone that can work in these. Tight and very hot quarters but most of them they make good food. You know what was real fun? Repairing stuff in Prison's. They make you do a background check and I was sweating it. I just hoped it was long enough ago when I was kinds or shifty.
Yes, they're tight quarters and close up. I know a guy that has one. His helper goes in and preps early, then they both go out. They always cater, so it's pretty much a guaranteed gig...but it's work. Hot work. They make pretty good bank, though, if they work.

Kind of like regular life, huh? LOL

Yes, they're tight quarters and close up. I know a guy that has one. His helper goes in and preps early, then they both go out. They always cater, so it's pretty much a guaranteed gig...but it's work. Hot work. They make pretty good bank, though, if they work.

Kind of like regular life, huh? LOL
Just like! It is good money. I was a cook in a couple of places when I was in my 20's and I loved the work and all the crazy people who work that business. Then ended up my work carrier repairing their sh*t... I liked the cooking better. But made a lot more money repairing equipment. But I'm so glad I'm retired....

Years ago I had a tenant in one of my buildings that was into the roach coach catering scene. This guy ran over 30 trucks and had his own commercial kitchen to cook the food they sold. He had restaurant quality meals at jobsites. This man who I considered somewhat of a friend who is the meanest son of a ***** I’ve ever known. If you had a competing business, he would follow you around for a week giving away his food so you couldn’t sell Your own. After a week or two of that the man he ran out of business, went to work for him and had to give up his job sites…

Years ago I had a tenant in one of my buildings that was into the roach coach catering scene. This guy ran over 30 trucks and had his own commercial kitchen to cook the food they sold. He had restaurant quality meals at jobsites. This man who I considered somewhat of a friend who is the meanest son of a ***** I’ve ever known. If you had a competing business, he would follow you around for a week giving away his food so you couldn’t sell Your own. After a week or two of that the man he ran out of business, went to work for him and had to give up his job sites…
Dog Eat Dog.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back