The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I've invested in precious metal stocks, but not hardware.

that is what I was doing around Y2K , after 2000 , I started day trading and managing my own account , instead of paying a broker

this was made possible by programs like Ameritrade , E-Trade , and even Fidelity had an app for investing one’s money without going through a broker

Ameritrade only charged me $7 bucks a trade

some companies I traded in were Helca Mining , CDE , Wheaton , Drooy , and a basket of others

this was when gold was under $300 an ounce and silver was at $5 bucks an ounce

the profits I made off the paper stocks were converted into physical

it was a fun ride watching gold,go,from $300 to $1500 and silver from $5 to $15…

the crazy thing about this is , even with gold around $2000 an ounce , it is a good price to get in and the same with silver , especially around $20 an ounce

silver has more potential going to the upside , it could easily quadruple

whereas gold , not so much

both metals have pros and cons and it is a fun hobby

What proof do you have that it is what they promise you? Just asking.
OK... time for a broader view.

"Krugerrands are accepted as money across the entire globe. There is a cheap gadget that tests K-rands and other gold coins -- it cannot be beaten by counterfeits. It is called the Fisch."

"The Fisch with the Ringer makes you your own gold expert. Just check the gold coin with the Fisch and the Ringer. If it passes, it is not a common metal or tungsten fake.

Used by major banks, bullion dealers and investors in over 70 countries around the world since 1980."

"Checks all the major gold & silver coins - Krugerrand, American Eagle, Maple Leaf, Philharmonic, American Buffalo, US $20, Sovereign, Mexican 50 Pesos, Silver American Eagle, Silver Maple Leaf, Silver Philharmonic, US Silver Dollar and more."

If the K-rand fits through the slot, and fits in the circular depression, AND makes the Fisch tilt over to the short side... it is real. It is the right size diameter, the right thickness, and the right weight. <-- ALL without fancy electronic scales. Just a chunk of plastic.

Fail in any of the three items = fake.
1699280146649.png

Click on this: The Fisch. Detect fake gold & silver coins. Easy to use and understand.

There is another way, too -- just watch the first 2 1/2 minutes -- I prefer the Fisch because it is just one gadget that does it all. This way is still dirt simple, but I prefer dumazzshit simple with the Fisch.

Force you to sell what? I don't have any gold or silver. You cannot deflower a virgin twice.

The last (and only) time was such a blatant steal, no one with enough brains to own some gold coins would ever admit to having them -- much less turn them in.

So if you bought a Krugerrand for $198, just like somebody I know... and it has increased in fiat dollar value to precisely ten times that original buy price... does that mean taxes must be paid on the "profit"?

Only if you bought gold and were gullible enough to let someone else hold it for you (while charging you corkage fees). THEN Uncle Sugar knows what you have and where it is. If it is in your pocket... no one but you know you own it.

Let them call in all $20 gold pieces. These are numismatic to the nth degree. They do not even have a full ounce of gold in them, and here is one for sale today on ebay:

1904 US $20 Liberty Gold Coin NGC MS63 .96750oz AGW
Opens in a new window or tab

1904 · NGC
$2,499.99

They would trade even with a Krugerrand in the produce market.
" You cannot deflower a virgin twice."
Thats not completely accurate Unc :rolleyes:

OK... time for a broader view.

"Krugerrands are accepted as money across the entire globe. There is a cheap gadget that tests K-rands and other gold coins -- it cannot be beaten by counterfeits. It is called the Fisch."

"The Fisch with the Ringer makes you your own gold expert. Just check the gold coin with the Fisch and the Ringer. If it passes, it is not a common metal or tungsten fake.

Used by major banks, bullion dealers and investors in over 70 countries around the world since 1980."

"Checks all the major gold & silver coins - Krugerrand, American Eagle, Maple Leaf, Philharmonic, American Buffalo, US $20, Sovereign, Mexican 50 Pesos, Silver American Eagle, Silver Maple Leaf, Silver Philharmonic, US Silver Dollar and more."

If the K-rand fits through the slot, and fits in the circular depression, AND makes the Fisch tilt over to the short side... it is real. It is the right size diameter, the right thickness, and the right weight. <-- ALL without fancy electronic scales. Just a chunk of plastic.

Fail in any of the three items = fake.
View attachment 346018
Click on this: The Fisch. Detect fake gold & silver coins. Easy to use and understand.

There is another way, too -- just watch the first 2 1/2 minutes -- I prefer the Fisch because it is just one gadget that does it all. This way is still dirt simple, but I prefer dumazzshit simple with the Fisch.

thsnks for the link Unca!

that is what I was doing around Y2K , after 2000 , I started day trading and managing my own account , instead of paying a broker

this was made possible by programs like Ameritrade , E-Trade , and even Fidelity had an app for investing one’s money without going through a broker

Ameritrade only charged me $7 bucks a trade

some companies I traded in were Helca Mining , CDE , Wheaton , Drooy , and a basket of others

this was when gold was under $300 an ounce and silver was at $5 bucks an ounce

the profits I made off the paper stocks were converted into physical

it was a fun ride watching gold,go,from $300 to $1500 and silver from $5 to $15…

the crazy thing about this is , even with gold around $2000 an ounce , it is a good price to get in and the same with silver , especially around $20 an ounce

silver has more potential going to the upside , it could easily quadruple

whereas gold , not so much

both metals have pros and cons and it is a fun hobby
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hoala Kao! Big is channelling his Unca! Every word is spot on.

Even to the bloody fact that gold will go up, but silver will go up far, far, far more.

For three thousand years, the ratio of gold to silver trade price was about 14:1. That is the amount you historically got mining for each. For every ounce of gold you got, you got 14 ounces of silver.

So if gold is at $2000 per ounce, silver should be at $143 per ounce. As I type this, the ratio of gold to silver is an unlikely 86-to-1. Silver is at $23 and change.

You do NOT get 86 ounces of silver out of the ground for every ounce of gold. Hold your scrotes tightly -- for I am about to tell you the REAL ratio at this very date:

It is 8:1 o_O

Not a typo:
"Today, that ratio is somewhere around 8:1 (roughly 800,000,000 ounces of silver mined annually compared to roughly 96,000,000 ounces of gold)."
https://about.ag/MiningAndGoldSilverRatios.htm
So expect silver to EXPLODE in price sooner or later. The price of gold has been kept at the weird number it sits at by thousands-per-hour paper gold trading by algorithms. No real gold is moved, but tens of thousands of ounces are traded every second. Millions of paper "ounces" every day. Buy, Short, Buy. Short, Buy, Short. <-- Twenty+ times a minute.

ALL THOSE GULLIBLE ENOUGH TO HAVE THEIR GOLD STORED FOR THEM: Their gold has been re-allocated more than 200 times. So when ONE person gets his gold, 199 people get it in the ass. And they are charging "storage" fees to all 200 suckers for holding one single ounce.

The reason gold being made "illegal" to own is out of court: Last time, Roosevelt played everyone for the fool:

"Turn in your $35/oz gold!" <-- Trusting folks did. The next sentence from Roosevelt was:

"Hey, folks! I am setting the price of gold at $44 dollars per ounce! Fukk you very much for being so trusting, naive, and... stooopid." <-- To net this out, that is a 26% outright THEFT of value from naive Americans who turned in their gold.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back