The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They claimed we might get another 10 inches. We got at least 14. Made it around 20 feet out of my garage before the Jeep got stuck. 4 wheel low wouldn't get it going. Wound up doing lots of shoveling and it still took a gentle nudge from the Old Hen and the Pullet. I set the blade up a few inches and plowed my way out. Blew through drifts plowing the road that were 24 inches +. First time I ever had to plow in low range. Got more coming.

Damn Big, you know how to end a story with a Bang(pun intended). Got the 12" promised with a bonus 1 1\2 ta 2" extra with more promised for tomorrow. -8 for tonight, chilly chickens. What rare good luck, been out plowing for what seems like forever, froze like a turd. Spot on about my granny, tough old Washu squaw, bone bad. Her dad, my great gramps was there to clean up Custer's mess at Little Big Horn, scouted for tthe 7th cav. Lived long enough to see moving pictures on the side of the drug store. Said he didn't remember the injuns dying quite that easy.

China perfects their weather weapon 2021
1613503126471.png

Damn Big, you know how to end a story with a Bang(pun intended). Got the 12" promised with a bonus 1 1\2 ta 2" extra with more promised for tomorrow. -8 for tonight, chilly chickens. What rare good luck, been out plowing for what seems like forever, froze like a turd. Spot on about my granny, tough old Washu squaw, bone bad. Her dad, my great gramps was there to clean up Custer's mess at Little Big Horn, scouted for tthe 7th cav. Lived long enough to see moving pictures on the side of the drug store. Said he didn't remember the injuns dying quite that easy.
That is a fascinating anecdote! It shows the incredible technological leap that occurred.

There is another one regarding a guy looking at the ruts made by his wagon wheels (and hundreds of others) going through a rocky ridge. They carved deep ruts in the rock. He had seen a news program on television about that tight pass. So his family drove him out to see it.

Mind-blowing.

Morning OFC. Tea day for the girls. No power problems here so far. Got me thinking about what I would do if it went out for an extended amount of time.....might take Hippie's advise and look into a generac.

Consider what fuel you will have available that isn't old. I just bought a new carburetor for mine to have a clean spare, and picked up a propane/natural gas conversion that allows me to run gasoline/propane/natural gas.

I also installed a port for it to plug in to my electrical system through a transfer switch, but didn't transfer the whole house, just the circuits that I felt were critical, such as lighting, fridge, freezer, microwave, and the fans and controls on our natural gas furnace and hot water tank.

I hooked up a 8500 surge 5500 run Genny (outside in a box) and then and 240 plug in on house wall outside also near genny. Then a heavy duty male to male cord to hook the genny to the house outlet which is connected to a transfer switch in basement,
The transfer switch allows me to turn off breakers from utility power and then you connect it to your generator with flips of another set of double throw breakers in transfer box. So basically I turn off power from supplier and flip it over to my gen/power . in case the system re energizes while running it.

The flip side of that is that with a transfer switch you also aren't back feeding the transmission line and frying a lineman who thinks its dead.

Consider what fuel you will have available that isn't old. I just bought a new carburetor for mine to have a clean spare, and picked up a propane/natural gas conversion that allows me to run gasoline/propane/natural gas.

I also installed a port for it to plug in to my electrical system through a transfer switch, but didn't transfer the whole house, just the circuits that I felt were critical, such as lighting, fridge, freezer, microwave, and the fans and controls on our natural gas furnace and hot water tank.

The flip side of that is that with a transfer switch you also aren't back feeding the transmission line and frying a lineman who thinks its dead.

Yes indeed I was in a rush and left the most important part of the Transfer switch and why you should have it installed working correctly
Mine is wired to protect anyone upstream
Thanks Gray

frostbite is rough on a rooster

View attachment 269064
Ouch! Hard to be a pretty boy some times..... Is what's left savable or will it need trimming?

Another question for you. When he is posturing and displaying, does his eyebrows and the little feather below and behind his eye flare out like it does on some Corvids??

The flip side of that is that with a transfer switch you also aren't back feeding the transmission line and frying a lineman who thinks its dead. Yes indeed I was in a rush and left the most important part of the Transfer switch and why you should have it installed working correctly Mine is wired to protect anyone upstream Thanks Gray

My pleasure!

stupid electrical.png

Do Not Touch Sign.JPG

I have seen some by pass switches that that the power company line out of the loop and flip it over to Gen/power
Like using main breaker to turn off power but also turns on gen/line access at the same time whereby eliminating the need for the transfer switch.
But that is hard on the breakers all at once switching over in one throw as opposed to slowly flipping on a breaker at a time.

Latest posts

Back