The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to watch the Indy today. Noosecar is gone in my world, but I still like the Indy 500. Only open wheel race I watch, and after last year, it's the ONLY race I watch.

I loved NASCAR as a kid, shoot they even ran a couple of road course races back then, Riverside and another I can't recollect. Big Block power houses built by southern Chicken farmers. A little different now. It's racing, but not much interest to me so much.

I really enjoyed the old Trans Am series, Camaros, Mustangs, AMX good fun. The Can Am series was really great, it looked like for a while those cars were coming back in a different class, but havent heard much in recent years. About all that's left is Formula One....me likey.

Call it mindless, but I always enjoyed drag racing a great deal as well. Went to Heartland Park in Kansas to see the Indy cars race a few times years ago, now let me tell you those cars are LOUD! They make NASCAR racers sound almost quiet in comparison. Impossible to watch without ear plugs.

Bubba

You mean, both of the (doubled) plants together, yielded less than one in the same pot? If so that's interesting. It implies that competition for resources inhibits the growth of both plants. Which is logical... it's known that many plant roots put out substances that discourage competition. That's a very useful piece of information, Bubba.
Well, at the time it was an extra seedling and I didnt think it would make that much difference and left 2 in that pot. My theory is simple, anything, anything at all that inhibits the plant in its early years has a impact on yield. This has an impact it's whole life through I guess.

Best yields for me are when the whole grow, from seed pop, seedling, veg stage, flowering all charge through these stages without a hick up,
or very little. Vibrant growth, no yellowing, bugs or spotty leaves, leaf tips with only the slightest if any signs of nute problems. Doesnt always work out that way, but planning can minimize problems, and experience galvanizes their solutions in your practice.

We all see, (and lord in the early years of "grow it your self" )I've had plenty of "grows" in those days that were what I call survivors, not thrivers, the success of which is the bare fact they actually survived to harvest. Yields are at lowest like this. These poor plants have been sprinkled with everything "super secret weed growing juice" wise that the internet provide on it, got the little thing all splayed out and tied down every which way.

There are many here far, far more knowledgeable on this topic than I, no doubt. That said I grow a pretty nice plant. Over the years, I started with a way too simple plan, result as per above. Low yielding survivors. Then as grow knowledge began to spread (think pre inter net) I moved into the "buy all the products, even if I had NO idea what to do with them." More dismal results. HPS was a revelation, but still potential no where near optimum.

Final phase, lots of info, internet is our friend here...returned to a SIMPLE method....noting Albert Einstein who said that things should always be "As simple as possible." "But NO SIMPLER." That is where my grow mind set is now. "But no simpler" should be studied as much as the "As simple as possible" part. Some endeavors will not be as simple as others...so this is not a statement that everything should be as simple as I can make it by any means. It is a statement that one can avoid a bad yield (and a lot of extra expense) by keeping things as simple as possible, without violating the no simpler part.

I call it Bubba's KISS. (keep it simple stupid) if I keep this in mind and apply correctly it gives great results. I'm sure many of the already mentioned more experienced folks can top these results. I try to do as close as possible with what I have to work with, and the results yield wise are above average, involvement and investment is at a minimum.

KISS applies across the entire grow, as well as selection of environment, size, lighting and ventilation. On my old computer I have a grow with enough pics (if I havent lost them) to do a short grow on this method. It is great info for a starting out person that wants a small medical grow. Also for someone starting a medical grow, who is (allowed in this state) going to be caregiver, i.e. grower for another as well. This requires and allows for increasing he grow for more that one user.

Beyond this is either professional/commercial grows or otherwise large scale growing, which I have NO experience with. Others here do
But for the little guy wanting a simple, successful grow I think it could be helpful. 2X4 or 4X4, possible increase to 8X4? is the size range.

Bubba

FOR ALL THE FALLEN HEROS
That Gave Their Lives for You.
God Bless The USA.
1622458806745.png

Sometimes I think something is wrong with me I enjoy it immensely when I see a Beautiful Woman of any age. Well over 25 that is, the little ones are all throw backs.

I think something is wrong with any person that doesn't appreciate beauty at all ages.

Always liked older women. Younger women were always a big pain in the ass with thier immature bullshit. My Wife is 4 yrs older then me.

I like women whom also like me best, but found way more to talk about with women closer to my own age. My first wife was a year younger, my second a year older, and my third I dated for 12 years and have been married to 37, is five years younger. The older ones seemed to get wise to my clay feet faster.

From the end of April to the middle of September, my wife is two years older than me. I never miss a chance to remind her. I go out of my way to tell anyone that will listen how she ripped me right off of my mother's teat and stole me from the cradle.

Morning OFC. Mrs Pute was 19 when I first laid eyes on her. She is now 67, I am 70. She has been my best friend all of my adult life. But I still look no matter what age.

Today we honor our fallen veterans who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us and our country safe. If you are a true Patriot take a moment to remember and thank those who have given this to you.

Another rainy day..... doesn't feel like a barbecue kind of day. No matter gonna do it anyway. Daughter and SIL are coming over later. I suspect a party might just happen.

Afternoon rebel rousers! Getting ready to the barbecue to start. Spent the whole fricken morning working on a light fixture in the basement. I was changing a light bulb the other day and a screw fell out of the fixture. I had to take the damn thing completely apart and it turned out to be the ground wire. Fixed now and time to party.

200.gif

Latest posts

Back