The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1622292706609.png

Good post GW. A lot of what you said makes good since. This is the land of opportunity. I was raised a white trash white boy. I wanted a better life and busted my ass in the private sector. Hard work, determination, no mistakes pays off in this country. At least it did in the past and I took advantage of that. What the future holds......nobody knows. One thing is for sure, we need to get this straightened out and soon.

Par Excellent post GW.

In reading it myself this morning, I note how good the live resin and rocks mixture that I'm currently dabbing works..............................

GW, I remember my guidance councilor calling me down to her office. She said she had some weird news from my SAT(?} scores. She proceeded to tell me about my 64% score in spelling or some such shit, and a 78 in math, and some other mediocre grades in other crap. The mechanical reasoning and abstract rational were 99%. I said, "I only missed it by one for perfect?". She explained that there was no 100%. She claimed that my best avenue of making a living would be in the clergy or psychology. Yeah? I'm supposed to sell a product that I don't believe in or hang around with people that are even more messed up than me? No, thanks. What does it take to thwart miscreants? Personally, I prefer the Norman Bates method.

I was told that I would be best at being a veterinarian....I ended up growing pot.

No 100% score possible, because you would have to score higher than the total population, which includes yourself.

I've come to believe that we all come with gifts and clay feet. I inherited grand Dad and Dad's mechanical and abstract reasoning abilities, but failed to inherit their musical abilities, despite my best efforts.

Hippy, I was deeply interested in and studied Maslow's third movement psychology to help me better manage employees, but could never be a clinical psychologist, as I lack the charisma, compassion, and love of people that it takes to do it well.

In rooting out my ancestry, I found some ancestors that did better than others, but my Welch linage was poor white trash who came to America in the 1700's as an indentured servants/slaves to pay their passage. We were still poor white trash up to Dad's generation, and survived the great depression hand to mouth and survived living off the land, by growing, hunting, and fishing. He subsequently survived 36 B-17 bombing raids over Germany in WW-II, so was not easily upset by the inconsequential trivia that creates such a uproar to day.

Alas, to his chagrin Dad raised us to middle class but failed to engrain all the lessons he intended, though he did augment my inherited gifts by teaching me to depend on no one and take care of myself. As evidenced by me leaving home at age18, and supporting myself since.

Some scary times for sure, but I always believed that I had what it took to win and I ultimately did better than my father. That used to be the American way, begging the questions, "what happened??"

Why do a disproportionate number of the most recent generations believe that they are entitled to be taken care of? Why do they no longer possess the same positive attitude that life is a bowl of opportunities and that they have what it takes to do better than their father?

Morning OFC. Happy shatterday! Will finish planting the rest of the flowers and veggies today. Finally! Place will be looking good in no time. I have 13 mater plants I planted in early April, 25 assorted pepper plants and beans to get in the dirt. Labor of love.

Supposed to get another storm moving in later today. I love the free water. Nice not having to water the grass. Weather man says another inch and a half will fall on us.

I have Lemon Betty and Key Lime Pie almost ready to go into jars. Won't be long now. Both turned out perfect ...... Was a bit disappointed in the yield from Key Lime this run. Usually produces a bit better. Guess I will just have to grow another one. Ha ha!

Guess I better go out and check on things.

Whewww...almost barfed a little. Darn I say it? Boonesfarm Apple Wine. Ew. Just ew.

Bubba
We're in the same boat. I drank two bottles of that crap when I was 15. I wound up puking so hard, I looked in the toilet to make sure my socks weren't in there. 50 years later, if you waved the bottle cap under my nose, I'd turn a lovely shade of green/gray.

We're in the same boat. I drank two bottles of that crap when I was 15. I wound up puking so hard, I looked in the toilet to make sure my socks weren't in there. 50 years later, if you waved the bottle cap under my nose, I'd turn a lovely shade of green/gray.
When I was 16 I downed a bottle of Southern Comfort 16oz size in about 10 mins, Sicker than a Dog I was . to this day also I can not smell it without puking .

When I was 16 I downed a bottle of Southern Comfort 16oz size in about 10 mins, Sicker than a Dog I was . to this day also I can not smell it without puking .
I was drinking that shit at my senior prom.....same results as Roster.....puked my guts out...never again. Who drinks that stuff. Tastes worse than castor oil.

Has anyone done a study of yield vs pot size? Obviously using clones of the same strain. I'm thinking that probably it begins as a straight line graph and then as the pot gets large, the line will go flat as the natural maximum plant yield is reached. For instance, I bet the yield is similar for an indica whether a 5-gallon or 10-gallon pot is used.

Has anyone done a study of yield vs pot size? Obviously using clones of the same strain. I'm thinking that probably it begins as a straight line graph and then as the pot gets large, the line will go flat as the natural maximum plant yield is reached. For instance, I bet the yield is similar for an indica whether a 5-gallon or 10-gallon pot is used.
How does root crowding effect growth?
Reason why I ask is I am already having root issues in my hydro garden. I’m having plugged drain lines and roots are making my plant tubes overflow periodically. I’m a little worried about it at this point because I have so long to go before harvest. Should have used 6” pvc and 1” plus drain lines. I’m going to totally revamp my set up next year based on what I screwed up this time. Lol just trying to get the most out of my crop for this year as well of course.

Afternoon ya O'l potheads. Total of 9 flats of flowers and all veggies are in the dirt and pots. Now get to watch everything grow. Just like marijuana. Never thought in a million years that I would spend my senior years growing shit. Pretty much all I do these days.

200w.gif

Am gonna manage a way to go out to dinner tonight. My ass is dragging and ain't gonna cook tonight. Mrs Pute is watching the food network and there is a barbecue cooking contest going on.....stuff looks so good it helped us make up our mind on where we are going.......

200.gif

200.gif

Latest posts

Back