The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so too, until I got off the plane and the heat and humidity of southeast Asia enveloped me. My home for the next 2 years and 8 days. Froze my arse off when I got back home in June 1970.

how did you squeeze 24 months out of Uncle?

my brother did 13 months around Da Nang USMC

a good friend did his first tour of 13 months and then requested another tour so his little brother wouldn’t have to ........Marvin said he figured that he had a better chance of surviving than his brother and he did....USMC

reading mail in the hooch
13E43E67-8FA8-4CD1-B52C-C645DAD6859C.jpeg

Joined the Navy in 1975. Back then herb was a don't ask don't tell matter until a EA-6B electronic spy plane full of smoked up marines crash landed on the deck of the aircraft carrier Nimitz in May of 81 killing 14 and destroying a bunch of planes. The brass gave us notice that urine tests would start navy wide in 60 days. Quit smoking that day and didn't start back up until the day I retired in in 1995. Now I legally grow my own in southern Illinois. The world has changed just a little.

Howdy, been humping all day and the early evening looks to be the same. Actually I am glad because I get bored easy. Can't remember the last time I was bored though......my candle has always burned from both ends and it hasn't burnt out yet.

I will join Rudy and get seriously stoned though. I am lucky enough to have a job where you can work stoned.

By the way I was stoned every day I was in the Army......even basic.

Latest posts

Back