The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joined the Navy in 1975. Back then herb was a don't ask don't tell matter until a EA-6B electronic spy plane full of smoked up marines crash landed on the deck of the aircraft carrier Nimitz in May of 81 killing 14 and destroying a bunch of planes. The brass gave us notice that urine tests would start navy wide in 60 days. Quit smoking that day and didn't start back up until the day I retired in in 1995. Now I legally grow my own in southern Illinois. The world has changed just a little.

Damm, hell of a story...

you had a lot of ground to catch up on - herbwise,,,Herb

Indeed it is! And the debauchery has already begun in these here parts with some C-99/NL from this years harvest using seeds from Unigrower.........
Great minds think alike GW. I have three in veg now and trying to determine their sex. Have already taken cuts and as soon as I can the ladies will be flipped. Expecting great things from this strain. Every time I have grown anything crossed with C99 it has been fire....

Trimming is done.....no more for almost a month. I will welcome the time away from the scissors.

SIL is coming to pick me up in about 45 minutes. Gonna go and walk/fish the South Platte River above Chatfield Res. That is the local lake where me and Mrs Pute walk. Probably a bit early but there are three species of fish that swim up the river from the lake to spawn. Rainbows, walleye and carp. We probably won't see anything as I stated it is to early. But, something to do. Windy as all get out but we will be in the trees so it shouldn't be all that bad.

Got another notification yesterday that I need to get my Covid shot.....what to do.....think I will smoke a bowl.

Guess I need to gather up my fly rod and vest, tie a new leader and tippet and get myself ready for today's adventure.......

Back, doesn't look like I missed much. No fish stories to tell but did manage to catch a sore back somewhere along the way. PAIN KILLER please.....I'm with Rudy....again.....time to do what most here do best...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

When I die put a "J" in my casket and I will smoke it later.....

7pme.gif

An English Lesson

This is the best, most Interesting English lesson I have had for quite some time...

Did you know "listen" and "silent" use the same letters?

Do you know that the word "racecar" spelled backwards still spells "racecar"?

And that "eat" is the only word that if you take the first letter and move it to the last, it spells its past tense "ate"?

Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in "illegal immigrants," and add just a few more letters, it spells:

"Go home you free-loading, benefit- grabbing, resource-sucking, non-English-speaking arseholes and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-ridin', goat-humpin', raggedy-ass bastards with you."

How weird is that?

Latest posts

Back