The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "stall
With a Jan & Dean cassette in the 8 track jamin' loud. :)
The stall speed of a torque converter sets at what rpm the transmission hooks up....sort of like dumping the clutch on a manual. For high performance, you might select a 4500 or 5000 rpm stall speed. At the line you hold with the break and when green you mash it, motor revs up and torque converter locks up and away you go!

I saw a team do it on the cheap. They beefed up an old chevy powerglide 2 speed automatic, stuck a vega torque converter on it somehow. that small converter let the engine wind up fine. It had the same effect, but not very durable....junk yards were full of replacements for cheap!

Bubba

Not trying to rip anyone off, just want a fair price. Can't find my pictures of my '40 Buick coupe. It's all original metal. Was said to have been used to run moonshine from where it came, W. Va. Sat in an impound yard for years, so the story goes. Speedo shows 35,000 miles, but it's not working. From listening to the engine run, it could be true.

Just saying some of this old cars go for a fortune.... especially mopars. If you have got the right car it could be worth over $100,000. I have seen some go for over $400,000. This one for example is worth that.

1-5.jpg

Don't ask me why....Back in the day I thought it looked like a dork mobile.

Last edited:
Just saying some of this old cars go for a fortune.... especially mopars. If you have got the right car it could be worth over $100,000. I have seen some go for over $400,000. This one for example is worth that.

1-5.jpg

Don't ask me why....Back in the day I thought it looked like a dork mobile.
It was, like all muscle cars of the day a stunt for NASCAR. So many production models were required to be sold before it could be used on the NASCAR circuit. Buddy Baker was Qualifying at I believe Daytona? Anyway his average speed just topped 200 mph in his race car version of the above car, causing NASCAR to ban both Superbird and Daytona Charger version! Oh well.

I wonder how fast that car was going down the big straight to average over 200?

Bubba

Enjoy the evening OFC, I baked cookies today so I'm going to sample one and smoke a bunch of weed.

Rudy... I gots some questions:

1. How much weed do you put in the baked cookies?

2. What is the reaction to eating them? (I know it is slower, but that is all I know.)

3. If you eat a cookie, why smoke a bunch of weed? (Possible guess: cookies take a while.)

Morning looking at buying this sailboat if it’s still available , otherwise we are shopping around

Nice size! Small enough for one person to sail and big enough to manage a gale. Where will you berth and sail it?

Memories and memories taken from the previous posts. Wanna sell my 2 old vehicles I have. A 1949 Studebaker 3/4 ton long box pickup in excellent shape. Also have a 1940 Buick coupe, all metal, all original, needs an interior. The straight 8 runs like a top. I want an old school hot rod before I die.

Nice rig!

Do you want to build the old school hot rod of your dreams or possess one?

Walt, how much I put in depends on how much that I have on hand. Usually it's about a half ounce of trim and anywhere from a half ounce to an ounce of bud. The stone from them is more of a body high than smoking, they help with aches and pains and getting a good night sleep. I smoke weed when I eat a cookie not only because the buzz is different but because I just love smoking weed, lol.

Latest posts

Back