The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GW, if'n I had to hump it, I'd go with a XM177E2. She can wear a 30 round mag full of goodies and weigh the same as a '16 does empty. For having a 11.5" barrel, she's as accurate as any of the rest of my poodle shooters. Small Arms of the World describes it as a "submachine gun", but it's not. Subs use pistol ammo, not rifle ammo.
NOW, if I had no access to spare parts or cleaning supplies, I'd take a '47 over any of 'em, but I'd make the Old Hen carry the thing.

Back in the olden days, we humped our own M-14's and ammo, but you had to sandbag them to hit anything with them on full auto, so most of the M-14's issued were missing the selector and our creed was, "one shot, one kill." Let the M-1917's and BAR's handle the full auto glory.

My M1A1 Ultra Match (M-14 semi) was my shooter of choice when using a service rifle in DCM high power competitions. My best position was 200 yard rapid fire (about a round per second) from a setting position, from which could shoot Grand Master scores with it, but unfortunately my standing offhand sucked, so I never won a tournament.

As a civilian I've owned a HK G-3 a FN FAL, both sweet, and an AR-15 SP-1 but they came out with the M-16 after I was discharged and I've never shot one or handled a XM177E2.

I agree that for reliability under extreme conditions versus accuracy, the AK-47 is the weapon of choice. Sort of the Honey Badger of assault rifles.

My AR-15 SP-1 was a tack driver but was easily fouled and didn't have the forward assist that they added later, so was fussy with ammo.

Hard to beat the M-14 for breaking falls when diving for cover and when parrying or delivering butt strokes. You treat her with respect, she will take care of you!

Hard to beat the '14 for butt stroking someone into the hereafter, too. Got a few of 'em. A bit heavy for my old ass to hump for days.
My first SP1 cost me a whopping $265, brand new, in a box with a sling and two 20 round mags. Old Hen bought me a FN-LAR many moons ago for Christmas. I think she was trying to pop my heart. No recoil to speak of, but still a bit heavy for my lazy fanny to haul.
A really fun gun to shoot is an AR 10. Got a bit more stinging power.
Shot my first deer with an NDM-86, a Chinese copy of a Russian Dragunov.

good morning Unca

if the military are in charge , they don’t seem to be very good at it cause everyday I see Cameltoe Harris swearing in new cabinet members and there is a new Secretary of Defense who is the New Boss of the military and the troops seem to be following the new Bosses orders

like all the new sensitivity training and appointments of lgbtqxyz deviant people and the firing of the previous administrations appointments

it looks like business as usual in DC except for all the covid protocols , it does not look like those EO orders have any power , a lot of bark and no bite

"They must be shown."

The population at large is seeing that which "they must be shown":

1616618422252.png

ttps://www.independentsentinel.com/border-cages-reek-of-urine-and-vomit-scabies-lice-flu-cov-are-rampant/

Hard to beat the '14 for butt stroking someone into the hereafter, too. Got a few of 'em. A bit heavy for my old ass to hump for days. My first SP1 cost me a whopping $265, brand new, in a box with a sling and two 20 round mags. Old Hen bought me a FN-LAR many moons ago for Christmas. I think she was trying to pop my heart. No recoil to speak of, but still a bit heavy for my lazy fanny to haul.
A really fun gun to shoot is an AR 10. Got a bit more stinging power. Shot my first deer with an NDM-86, a Chinese copy of a Russian Dragunov.

If I learned anything in the military, it was that humping is over rated, but on the other hand a day of bench shooting 30 caliber sporting weights usually leaves me beat up. I mostly hunted with a scoped Winchester Model 70, or 94 carbine with peep in the brush.

Grayfox bought me a Model 70 Ultramatch tournament rifle in 308 for a wedding gift, and I sent her on a cruise to Cancun with her girlfriends for a bachelorette party. I then took my existing pre-64 tournament rifle and had it re-barreled with a McMillan fluted stainless barrel in 22-250 and stuck a 16 power Redfield on it for varmint.

Was your Norinco Draganov 7.62X54 or 7.62X51? Either a good deer round. So is a 7.62X39 for that matter, with similar ballistics to a 30:30.

I killed my first deer with a post 64 Model 70 in 270 with Redfield 3-9, shooting a 150 gr Hornady, Winchester brass, Federal primer, and I forget how many grains of 4831 in mah dotage.

I shot it at the bottom of a deep steep canyon, near an old silver mine, and had to carry it out; a good lesson..........

7.62X54R, GW. Guy I was hunting with scolded me for using Russian surplus FMJs. Did a heart/lung shot at 100 yards and watched it drop, got ready for a follow up shot, and watched its eyes glaze over. Never knew what hit it. I don't like critters to suffer. I ain't mad at 'em, I just like to eat 'em. :)

Now you know how I feel when I'm stupid enough to watch main stream news.

I will admit that politics are getting a little thick on here. It's the swing back of the left leaning mods from before. Hope you land somewhere you're among like minded friends. I'm happy with this place.

Later OFC, things here are just too right of the road for my tastes. I'm sick of biting my tongue when right wing bullshit is constantly pushed.

I have some bad news for you my Friend.

The left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird.

The choice is clear.

There is none.

Vote Oligarchy.

F42D16B3-D8AB-4768-B434-EE1397093F47.jpeg

Later OFC, things here are just too right of the road for my tastes. I'm sick of biting my tongue when right wing bullshit is constantly pushed.
Again,,it is what it is. There are whole fking shit load of Liberal forums you wont have to bite your tongue on Rudy if that's what you want.
I wouldn't want you to get sores in your mouth.

Latest posts

Back