The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I just now found out you pull all the "fan leaves" (I can guess those are the big leaves that you guys don't smoke). But why not hang the whole thing?

Then I found out you can "...extract the buds and sugar trim together." Never heard of whatever thing a sugar trim looks like... and what does "extract the buds" mean? From what?

By the way, what DO you do with all those giant leaves? Can they be boiled down or something?
robert connel clarke did his phd on cannabis botany. shade/fan / big leaves are crucial for optimum plant growth. why pull of leaves a plant had evolved over millions of years to perfect? the leavers are also a "battery bank " so when they get old and start "dying" they then send to the flower the nutrients they have stored in them, to help with bud growth. Removing leaves which are the sole and only basis of photosynthesis
is like cutting of hands and reducing moth size so you cant eat so much...
what to do with the big leaves - well unless desperate in which case add to bubble hash making or simmer in plant milk for cups of herbal tea ( may need de-carb first) , best think is to compost and feed next years plants the nutrient-rich cannabis compost

@ Hippie, I hired it done for the first time last year. $200 and they did a shitty job. I will do it again this year.

giphy.gif

I remember as a younger man, I'd read about some old fart in his 60s that died after he fell off his roof. I'd think, "What the heck was the crazy old fart doing up on his roof at his age?" Time travel to last fall, when this "crazy old fart" was scooting on his fanny on his roof, cleaning the leaves out of the gutters. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done.

60 seems much younger to me now at age 77, than it did when I was 30, and I still clean our gutters and valleys on our two story house and rentals. Starting to have problems horsing the 26' ladder into place, so may give it up soon, before I hurt my back.

morning strangers, hope all are well. been busy and when not i want to be lazy. bad part is i have to much to do and not enough time. i have slowed down with age so it takes longer to do something but i do it right so i don't have to do it again. well at least that is the way i see it.

Morning giggy. Stay with it my friend you will get everything done. I am the same but persistence pays off. We may not be as fast as we once were but we work smarter not harder now days.

I still do most everything I used to cause who is gonna do it. You either do it or things go to h e l l.

Morning OFC. Start to another week. Not much going on in the grow until the end of the week an trimming will start again. Just regular maintenance till then.

Nice long walk by the lake is on the menu today. I actually get to spend the day farting around. Will enjoy this.

A little breakfast and make sure everything has water and time to farg off.

Latest posts

Back