The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning OFC. I wore a suit and tie every day for almost 40 years. Today practically all I own is Gym clothes and jeans. I do have one pair of Dockers and a sport coat which gets worn maybe once a year.

Gastroenterologist appointment later today. Not looking forward to this. Gatta do what ya gotta do. Hopefully just a change in my diet will solve the problem.

Boo, I have watt some of the crap you have gone through over the years and you are one tough sumbitch. You, GW and Big deserve a medal. However Big is lugging enough metal around inside his body to be a 5 star General.

not me shaggy.....I look pretty healthy compared to the dinged up Unca Walt...he had to fight off lead poisoning from all the shrapnel he has collected...I think he has bionic shoulders and knees to

all I got was the Frankenstein Ugrade

F6468ADC-12FD-4F95-AD8B-7D725CDFC8B7.jpeg

Better get yer finger off'in the trigger on that Daisy, Big. You'll put someone's eye out!

Morning old farts. Got one suit I use for marrying and burying. I like cotton; I'm allergic to polyester (the smell, anyhoo.) Smells too much like undertakers, lawyers, and judges.

Yoop's been MIA on both sites. Hope all is well and he's just having too much fun to hang with the rest of us old fogies'.

Better get yer finger off'in the trigger on that Daisy, Big. You'll put someone's eye out!

Morning old farts. Got one suit I use for marrying and burying. I like cotton; I'm allergic to polyester (the smell, anyhoo.) Smells too much like undertakers, lawyers, and judges.

Yoop's been MIA on both sites. Hope all is well and he's just having too much fun to hang with the rest of us old fogies'.

i shot the photographer a split second after the photo was taken...

we learned trigger discipline in bootcamp and I was ready on the left , ready on the right , ready on the firing line!

we learned trigger discipline in bootcamp and I was ready on the left , ready on the right , ready on the firing line!
I was train finger on trigger and if the idiot pulls my gun and it goes off accidentally it's their fault.............Period

Hold on before you shoot No fair my finger was out of the guard
and yours was not FOUL......

Howdy folks,
I've been absent for a week or two on here.
But I'm now in the land-of-the-free, visiting my son & grandson in Ojai CA for a couple of months & glad to be here.
My son David has a neighbour just down the hill named Allen who likes a toke or two and is an old bugger like me.
He used to be a home-grower (as am I) but sometime since I was last here, in the pre-covid days, he's switched to using a cartridge vape.
For the past 50 years or more I've always preferred a joint over ANY other delivery method including vaporizers.
The day after I after I arrived here he presented me with vaporizer which is disguised as a key fob and is very discreet. The following day he took me off to a local dispensary and persuaded me to buy a couple of cartridges.
I did own a vaporizer a while back but it was one for herb and had a small bowl - I never really took to it - just didn't "feel" right - so I gave it away to a pal.
Anyway - on with the story ;
So Allen introduced me to cartridges for the first time.
I'd expected to not enjoy vaping based on my previous experience, but I was pleasantly surprised - impressed even.!
So for several days I've been using this thing and one of the things I like is the quick buzz you can get, very discretely, if you're around sensitive individuals, plus it's ready immediately as long as you keep it charged.
Also a boon if you wanna get bombed is that its not necessary to load your pipe or roll a J. Yet, although the buzz and the convenience is great, somehow it just don't have the same "rightness" that smoking a J does.
And--- a definite downside - if you live in many places outside the US etc, cartridges are not easily available (maybe I need to explore mail order)
I'd be interested to hear diverse opinions on doobie versus vaping from anyone out there.

Howdy folks,
I've been absent for a week or two on here.
But I'm now in the land-of-the-free, visiting my son & grandson in Ojai CA for a couple of months & glad to be here.
My son David has a neighbour just down the hill named Allen who likes a toke or two and is an old bugger like me.
He used to be a home-grower (as am I) but sometime since I was last here, in the pre-covid days, he's switched to using a cartridge vape.
For the past 50 years or more I've always preferred a joint over ANY other delivery method including vaporizers.
The day after I after I arrived here he presented me with vaporizer which is disguised as a key fob and is very discreet. The following day he took me off to a local dispensary and persuaded me to buy a couple of cartridges.
I did own a vaporizer a while back but it was one for herb and had a small bowl - I never really took to it - just didn't "feel" right - so I gave it away to a pal.
Anyway - on with the story ;
So Allen introduced me to cartridges for the first time.
I'd expected to not enjoy vaping based on my previous experience, but I was pleasantly surprised - impressed even.!
So for several days I've been using this thing and one of the things I like is the quick buzz you can get, very discretely, if you're around sensitive individuals, plus it's ready immediately as long as you keep it charged.
Also a boon if you wanna get bombed is that its not necessary to load your pipe or roll a J. Yet, although the buzz and the convenience is great, somehow it just don't have the same "rightness" that smoking a J does.
And--- a definite downside - if you live in many places outside the US etc, cartridges are not easily available (maybe I need to explore mail order)
I'd be interested to hear diverse opinions on doobie versus vaping from anyone out there.
You know the African way

Good to see ya Weirdscenes....Ojai , my old stomping grounds back in the 60’s.....we used to hi,e up to the Topa Topa mountains and enjoy our psychedelics.

I prefer joints or dabs of rosin resin oleoresin that I make myself

i do not trust the dispensaries unless I know them personally because there are some shenanigans going on about the ingredients inside those carts

I do not trust the quality assurance protocols in the cannabis industry , to many nefarious growers who grease the palms of the inspectors to get their product to market

everyones experience is different but I am gonna error on the side of caution and make my own

enjoy Ojai and don’t forget to stop in and have a meal at the Oaks in Ojai..I got my first job there as a teenager washing dishes

also , down the hiway a little is the Krisnamurti Foundation...take a tour of the place if they still do that

walk the pier down in Oxnard too

People say about my Glocks, "It doesn't have a safety". Yes it does, and show them my finger.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back