The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brings back memories when i was a little boy.

1647020184927.png

Brings back memories when i was a little boy.

View attachment 290237
Reminds me of a little store down in Kennett. I might have been around 7or 8. I walked in, looking for a bottle of Coke. Didn't have the kind of coolers they had in Yankeeland, so I asked the owner, "Where's your pop located?"
He looked at me and said, "Sorry sonny, but we can't sell firecrackers in the city limits."
I said, "No sir, I'm looking for a cold Coke."
He busted out laughing and said, "Oh! A sodie! They're in that little red cooler over there."
Guess it was a cultural thing. Soda pop in MO is called "sodie". Still tasted good.

What strain of mater is that Hopper. I am planting Cherokee Purple, Beef Steak and Early Girl's this year.

good choices except the beef steak and early girl…🤣

we are going with Cherokee purps , black krims which are Crimean ( showing my solidarity with the Federation of Russia ) maters , and about 3 different varieties of cherry tomatoes

Only reason for the early girls is salads ant they finish sooner. I like the Beefsteak because the are firm and not juicy. Cherokee Purple is the best mater in earth.

yeah , I get that , we got a short season in Colorado for maters

i think out here we can grow a week o her than you mile high boys

i tried to grow maters up in Victor , 10,000 feet but that didn’t work

if you like the Cherokee you will like the krims too

Latest posts

Back