The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikerchicks.jpg
My Idea of Biker Chicks ....

Yes it is! It is a village on the Island of Korcula . It was where my grandfather was born. I and my Father visited there when I was in 7th grade. First to Dubrovnik then to Splitt ,Zagreb. First time ever on a plane .
We stayed at the hotel Excelsior and I fished the Adriatic ,caught squat
It was what my Father named our boat after !

Last edited:
Yep, that's the one. Never saw one like it up north. It was either the big old stand up machines out doors or the glass door coolers like you see today.
Problem with the old uprights, you could use a bottle opener to open bottle, pours into cup. Those little 8 oz bottles of coke. Remember chocolate soldier? southern thing, like Yahoo.

Those cooler types weren't theft proof, either. I remember later in the week going back and finding an empty bottle in the racks. I told the owner behind the counter and he laughed. He said some of the poorer kids would come in with a church key, pop the top while the bottle was still in the rack, and put two straws together and suck it dry.
He didn't seem too upset. Nice old man.

Those cooler types weren't theft proof, either. I remember later in the week going back and finding an empty bottle in the racks. I told the owner behind the counter and he laughed. He said some of the poorer kids would come in with a church key, pop the top while the bottle was still in the rack, and put two straws together and suck it dry.
He didn't seem too upset. Nice old man.
I remember in some news thing years ago about some people were complaining about people buying soda with food stamps. A woman explained that some times a glass of soda is all a poor kid ever gets as a treat .....

I'm starting to feel human again. Finally got some solid food down today. Took sick Wed. morning which sux. Hope to be on in the morn.
That sucks. Did ya get 'ronaed or just stomach flu? Pissed the wife off lately?

Glad to hear yer on the mend.

Latest posts

Back