The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My English/Chinese dictionary has pengyou and chwan, as well as hechi for friendly, but nothing for friendship in Mandarin. No word for friend or friendship in Cantonese shown at all.

What I found doing business with them is that they are friendly to work with but continue to probe the limits and always want to make up any quality discrepancies on the next order.

Interestingly in Japanese there is no Ellis, so the Kanji name on the back of my kendo and Aikido hakama said Alice.

I mostly speak American English with an mild Okie Farm-boy acKCeent, sprinkled with some Ridge-runnah, drunk, and ferrin terms I picked up along the way. My second wife was Japanese, so Japanese curse words were the first thing that I learned in that language as well.

I picked up some Japanese, Spanish, French, and German doing business in those countries to be polite, but used a professional translator for business and interestingly the Japanese, Mexican, French, and German business folks all spoke good English. Since I haven't used them since, I have retained virtually none, though might get some right on multiple choice.

What I also note is that despite my profession of convincing folks to sign capital project budgets using the written word and having a high percentile comprehension of the English language as a result at one time, I am losing that too through non use.

Compounding the problem is that most of the people I talk to on a daily basis, including myself can hear for s*it, so I can't wax eloquently anyway and actually communicate.

I've found Cumquats make delicious jam, but that they are highly over rated eating like popcorn or grapes.

Evening Greywolf you have had some interesting venture in your younger year. The traveling I've done is from ME to FL in a car.

I wonder what the Mandarin say for marijuana. We have so many.

Last edited:
I was born in MA. But I've been in every State on the East Coast. Grow up being a Beach Kid. Love it.
Ha ha no I ment the mandarin say Mā for cannabis

(Mandarin pronunciation: [mǎ]), a Chinese word for cannabis, is represented by the Han character 麻. The term ma, used to describe medical marijuana by 2700 BCE, is the oldest recorded name for the hemp plant. The word ma has been used to describe the cannabis plant since before the invention of writing five-thousand years ago.

Ha ha no I ment the mandarin say Mā for cannabis

(Mandarin pronunciation: [mǎ]), a Chinese word for cannabis, is represented by the Han character 麻. The term ma, used to describe medical marijuana by 2700 BCE, is the oldest recorded name for the hemp plant. The word ma has been used to describe the cannabis plant since before the invention of writing five-thousand years ago.

How silly. Who every banned cannabis doesn't know sht. Wishing my state get legal soon.

mornin'

going to be somewhere around a 100 here for sure , hope you get the rain

16cents.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back