The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the looks of this boat

of course I will change the name from Opal to bigsur51

IMG_5034.png

Best way to be...........
I am GRATEFUL to have you All. In addition I am GRATEFUL for my best friend staying with me and taking care of me. I have not gotten out of bed for a couple days and my buddy is taking me to the hospital. I will miss you all since I will be in the hospital. Nothing new. However I wish I can give someone here my room number to visit me. I love you

I really like the looks of this boat

of course I will change the name from Opal to bigsur51

View attachment 334036
Lots of brightwood to keep you entertained maintaining.
24' is not very big for living on or open water
True that. Our Columbia was a 24' and had less useable room than your average van.

The 36' Cascade had enough room for cocktails for 6, dinner for 4, and practical living space for 2, even though it had berths for 6.

24' is not very big for living on or open water

that would depend upon one’s definition of living now , wouldn’t it?

but yeah , 24’ would be ok for weekend trips and such , but not long term live-a-board

I did not say I was going to buy that boat , i said I really like the looks of it

32’ is our minimum and 42’ our max

and forget all the wood and maintenance that comes with it , we want solid fiberglass

• Main and mizzen masts solid, round, spruce
  • Keel stepped
  • Lower 4’ of mainmast permanently stepped with heavy bronze hinge cap for easy lowering and removal
  • Both masts gaff-rigged
  • Stainless steel shrouds, pressed eye fittings, and bronze turnbuckles
  • External chainplates
  • Bowsprit tapered solid spruce
  • Shrouds and stays eyespliced around masts, chafing gear applied
  • Wooden-cheeked blocks with bronze sheaves

we like the Catalina Mk2 36’ footer

IMG_5037.png

thanks Amigo , I am happy that you have your niche , as each one of has to find our way through Life , at the end of the day , it is the one we see in the mirror we have to make peace with

did you know that I have moved over 60 times in my life?…..I went to 3 different schools one year

that would depend upon one’s definition of living now , wouldn’t it?

but yeah , 24’ would be ok for weekend trips and such , but not long term live-a-board

I did not say I was going to buy that boat , i said I really like the looks of it

32’ is our minimum and 42’ our max

and forget all the wood and maintenance that comes with it , we want solid fiberglass

• Main and mizzen masts solid, round, spruce
  • Keel stepped
  • Lower 4’ of mainmast permanently stepped with heavy bronze hinge cap for easy lowering and removal
  • Both masts gaff-rigged
  • Stainless steel shrouds, pressed eye fittings, and bronze turnbuckles
  • External chainplates
  • Bowsprit tapered solid spruce
  • Shrouds and stays eyespliced around masts, chafing gear applied
  • Wooden-cheeked blocks with bronze sheaves

we like the Catalina Mk2 36’ footer

View attachment 334056
Is there a small tub or shower in there? I’m sure all the places where you tie up have shower facilities right?

Is there a small tub or shower in there? I’m sure all the places where you tie up have shower facilities right?

shower yes , some sailboats do have small tubs , washer and dryers , on demand heat for showers , some also have a shower on the deck , just about all the comfort creatures of a home

shower yes , some sailboats do have small tubs , washer and dryers , on demand heat for showers , some also have a shower on the deck , just about all the comfort creatures of a home
Sounds like a real adventure. Perfect thing to do when you need to downsize your life too. We all have too much stuff imo. And you can move around and live anywhere. Sounds like a simple life and I like simple. Of course the weather might make ones butt pucker a bit on the coast…

Latest posts

Back