The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep ... 1913

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 13-55-42 6 Gorillion (@ExposeTheNose) • gab.com.png

I tried to learn to be one with the chickens , I fed and cared for them , they gave back eggs and fertilizer and protected my garden from predatory bugs

i learned to live in Their neighborhood , I feel ok about it all

but Yeah , I understand that everyone is different

IMG_2491.jpeg

Got the acre the house sits on mowed, aired up the driver's side front tire on the little red Jeep, and got in 15 seconds of cardio after I walked into a spider's web. I do believe I'm done for the day.
There is a spider that builds a web over night every night right in front of my patio door so it hits you right in the face when you walk out. I don’t know how she does that much work every night. It is 5 ft in dia

There is a spider that builds a web over night every night right in front of my patio door so it hits you right in the face when you walk out. I don’t know how she does that much work every night. It is 5 ft in dia
Five feet? Yikes! I'd drop back ten miles and call in for a small tactical nuke strike.

never hit 'em .. just pop it the first time they see it ..and they never forget

special pigs get special gigs .. hope she's happy

I'll have to get a pic of my neighbor's new paint .. sweet
Earlene is a very happy girl…she lays with Ivan and grunts with contentment when they’re together… I need to go out now and feed her before I get started on my own dinner. I grow pineapples over here and every time I clean one up she feasts… I am not sure if it’s the hot weather or watt, but the chickens are not putting out the amount of eggs that I expect from them. I even leave a light on overnight to inspire them to lay more eggs, but I still don’t get many…I’m enjoying the hella jelly a bit too much as of late…

When I had a flock, they'd slow down to almost nothing during the winter, but the hot summers didn't seem to bother them. I always had crushed oyster shells to feed 'em, but I found out they really loved it when I'd take the egg shells I had left over from cooking/eating, nuke 'em for a few minutes, and toss 'em to the hens when they'd cooled. Gobbled 'em up with glee.

When I had a flock, they'd slow down to almost nothing during the winter, but the hot summers didn't seem to bother them. I always had crushed oyster shells to feed 'em, but I found out they really loved it when I'd take the egg shells I had left over from cooking/eating, nuke 'em for a few minutes, and toss 'em to the hens when they'd cooled. Gobbled 'em up with glee.
We fed oyster shells as well. Without them the chickens would lay leathery eggs.

Earlene is a very happy girl…she lays with Ivan and grunts with contentment when they’re together… I need to go out now and feed her before I get started on my own dinner. I grow pineapples over here and every time I clean one up she feasts… I am not sure if it’s the hot weather or watt, but the chickens are not putting out the amount of eggs that I expect from them. I even leave a light on overnight to inspire them to lay more eggs, but I still don’t get many…I’m enjoying the hella jelly a bit too much as of late…
Them chickens need ukulele music 😁 Earkene will like it too

Got the acre the house sits on mowed, aired up the driver's side front tire on the little red Jeep, and got in 15 seconds of cardio after I walked into a spider's web. I do believe I'm done for the day.
Oh lordy! How fun such a surprise experience can be! These little armor-plated bastages will spin webs 30 feet across my fargin driveway -- from the gigantic camoflaging rubber tree to the acai bushes. Guaranteed in deep shade so's you have no suspicion.
1691661312398.png
Note he is levitating.

Unca's Useless But Non-Forgettable Trivia Chunk #344 :

Spider web silk is the toughest material made by life. It is TEN TIMES stronger than Kevlar. And it is sticky. <-- TINS
https://www.livescience.com/8686-itsy-bitsy-spider-web-10-times-stronger-kevlar.html

Latest posts

Back