The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we put up some barbed wire for our tumbleweed guard

IMG_7007.jpeg

Mine's not like it used to be, and that's why I do the butt scooch. Once I get up there, I sit flat on my fanny, put my right foot on the edge with my left tucked under me, reach over and scoop two feet of gutter, and then scooch over two feet to the left. Repete way more than my back likes, but it gets it done without having to move an extension ladder every four feet and then over reaching it, not to mention going up and down the blasted things over and over.
I just wonder how many more years I'll be able to do it.
Use a gas powered hand-blower next time

Well it was day of yard work today. Hadn't even touched my leaves yet so I really had work my butt off today to get everything raked and blown out. I think I am fully winterized now. Bring on the snow.
Made talapia tinfoil packets and shrimp skewers on the grill tonight omg, so good...Now its time to crack a beer and relax.

Gonna blow his gutters off boo.
😆
Or launch my fat arse over to the highway.

Wonder if'n you could put an extended nozzle on one of those buggers and make a curve on it so's you could stand flat footed and get a leaf shower standing on the ground? That just might work.

I had the gutters fill up and freeze one winter over at the old ranch. Had to get a ladder out and toss handfuls of ice melting salt up in 'em. PITA.

It's a 4 12 pitch, so the leaf guards might work. I'm thinkin' of puttin' a steel roof on it next spring. That'll be the end of my butt scooching days. I imagine that steel would get pretty slippery and I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to. A PLF would equal a broken shoulder and a hip. Not tops on my to do list.

Or launch my fat arse over to the highway.

Wonder if'n you could put an extended nozzle on one of those buggers and make a curve on it so's you could stand flat footed and get a leaf shower standing on the ground? That just might work.

I had the gutters fill up and freeze one winter over at the old ranch. Had to get a ladder out and toss handfuls of ice melting salt up in 'em. PITA.

It's a 4 12 pitch, so the leaf guards might work. I'm thinkin' of puttin' a steel roof on it next spring. That'll be the end of my butt scooching days. I imagine that steel would get pretty slippery and I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to. A PLF would equal a broken shoulder and a hip. Not tops on my to do list.
I built one of those with a leaf blower. Let me see if I can find the picture.

Latest posts

Back