This is what I am working with so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was wondering how long you plan on vegging before you switch to a 12/12? seems to me like those plants are gonna start fighting awfully hard for root space in that 1 container....

I'm not sure but i have two of them maybe 75 to 80cfm maybe more they were given to me. I plan on clearing the whole closet out getting some ducting of some sort to vent it with. Then setting up my 250 hps with the 175 mh.

I am only gonna veg until clone the females then start flowering after the clones root so i will have more plants to flower when ready faster.

it may be a bit too far along now, but i'd say separate them immediately if you are able too.... they longer they go in the same container the better the chance of problems down the road.... when those problems pop up they can snowball in a hurry too....

i also think you should make an investment in a 265cfm fan.... with the lights your using and the closet size, that should be able to keep the heat under control fairly easily....

yea by now the roots are probably too entangled into each other by now. i wish i would have got more buckets and planted separate.

if you think the bottom isn't totally coated with roots you could double pot it.... cut the bottom off your bucket and stick it in a 10-gallon tub with soil.... still won't be as good as individual pots, but the roots will still have someplace to grow....

Hey that's a great idea i never even thought of using a double bucket lol. If i find another 5 gallon could i use that a the second? i would like to get the fan but currently i have no extra cast maybe in a few weeks though.

I just want to say thanks for everyones input and very helpful information so far. It is greatly appriciated.

you could also use a rubbermaid that holds 10-15 gallons.... i'd try to get something that gonna have 2-3 gallons per plant....

How much soul should i put in the rubbermaid i think i might have a ten gallon laying around. I'm figuring i will only have 4 females when i start flowering because i suspect the other two plants of being male but idk for sure yet.

as i used to say at the old full service gas stations, "fill her up!"

keep in mind that males usually show sex before females.... you may wind up with 6 ladies on your hands....

alright ill get some soil tomorrow any particular good soils you would recommend i have a bag of expert gardener from the walmart i am sure i will need another bag though.It is only 10 dry quarts. never used it before

i've actually used Scott's moisture formula before and pretty good success with it.... you can get it at home depot for about $8 a bag.... grab a small bag of Miracle-Gro perlite to add to it and it holds moisture great and has good drainage....

it also has added micronutrients in the soil and the perlite that are slowly released over a couple months....

I would go with something organic and no time-release or auto feed stuff-you got your own nutes.
I use Fox Farms myself but there are others.

Gb

i definately wouldn't recommend the Scott's for continuous use.... i was in a bind when i tried it and it worked alright for that 1 crop.... after that, look into some better brands for sure!

it's really not.... the only reason i decided to give the Scott's a try was it only had micronutrients that were time release.... the ratio is something like 0.01-0.02-0.01.... i felt with it that low, and no major nutes, it was a good band-aid for the problem i had.... like i said, not for long term use though....

solidsnake53511 said:
Ive heard time release isn't good for mj plants.

Time release isn't good because MJ plants need different things at different times in it's growth cycle, and with a time release you have no control over what or how much is released.

(Colonel Campbell on Codec): Snake- Did you get the soil?
Snake?
Better check your nanomachines...
(Crashing sound)
huh?
Snake! Are you there???
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!

(had to do it)
:)
Gb

Well i haven't got the soil yet because all i have been able to find is time release. hopefully some time next week i can make a trip out of town to a home depot or Menard's. Hopefully i will find some good soil and some perlite. . I am down to 5 plants 3 confirmed females that have been cloned as of yesterday. one plant unknown still i think its a female though. The last one i am assuming is a male it looks to be a runt. should i just pull it? I pulled a male yesterday also. All the clones are under a florescent light right now till they root. lol I like the little skit Gb. You a metal gear fan too?

solidsnake53511 said:
I was thinking about LSTing them and take clones from the lateral branches or topping them and use them as clones. I am just not sure which i would rather do or which would be best. If i were to top them how many nodes long would the cut have to be to use as a clone.

Flowering plants are making a hormone that makes it more difficult to clone the thing, so take the clones from the bottom of the plant, because the highest concentrations of the hormone are at the top of the plant. Skipp LST for now, you are ill equiped for much more plant material. They get really big in flower, and you have too many in one pot and too many in too small a space, I think i would pick your best two, top and flower them, kill or clone the rest and remove them from this run... they look nice btw :) You're doing well.

And do like everyone says, you need some air.

Latest posts

Back