Three bladed leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently changed growing medium, and am experiencing three bladed leaf growth on all plants, strains which I've previously grown with different growth patterns. All plants are exhibiting healthy, vegetative growth aside from this anomaly. Is it too much N to blame?

Hard to say. I wouldn't think changing the medium would cause it to have different leaves unless you are using soil from around chernobl. Can you post a pic?

genetic. I have had 3 leaf plants that grow out it and some stay with 3 through flower

HP in my opinion this is a sign that the photo period is a little off or getting disturbed. I have seen it first hand when others are hitting long growing sativa's with a 11/13 schedule. Dunno why but several of his indy crosses did that (three bigger leaves, instead of the normal 5, 7 or 9 bladed fans), he finally changed back to 12/12 and does not see that.

That is interesting Kraven. I had an idea that it could possibly be something with lighting, or revegging possibly, but without more info I don't know.

Different medium brings different nutrient uptake and availability also changes moisture levels which effective the health and growth plants......... find the balance and they'll respond properly again.

Latest posts

Back