Treat's Tent Tales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww crosses fingers and toes, puts legs behind neck too for extra luck... great way to make the best of bad deal.. on the watering thing
.letting the plant show you what it needs is the way to go..IMOyou will find flushing is not even needed if you are organic.
for me i feed every watering once a week when first flipped then in about 2 weeks its every 3 days till the buds fatten up last 2 weeks its every other day.. im a burn or grow kinda grower.. if a strain does not respond well to my growing methods i change the strain not my growing style..

Aloha
Squidy

lol sorry for the ramble

lol Squidy . . . either it grows or i burn the snot outta it :rofl: . . . my kinda guy :peace:

sorry bout the WCD, tasty :icon_smile: . . . glad you weren't hurt

the new pics of the girls starting to bud look . . . well . . . . very . . . tasty !! :icon_smile:

New2theGame - Thanks for stopping by. I see you too have been taking advantage of all the smart people we've got here at MP to help us newbies.

Squidy- Thanks for the support. Yeah- I'm thinking that they can take a little more, but then again not worth trying to be an overachiever on this first grow. Dan will tell you all about my habit of trying everything at once. :rofl: Cloned to soil, rockwool, coco pucks and "super easy cup method" just to see which I liked best. I do plan to give only water for the last 10-14 days - I haven't had to flush yet. I would only do that if I overfed them somehow.

DKL- thanks- my reflexes were pretty quick for 5 AM. I just moved the cord a tinch to get it away from the plant it was encroaching on and the next thing I knew things were flying. Luckily it will get rehung today with stronger ceiling anchors so it's all good. I had just decided that odds were good that one was a girl when Whoooosh - of with your head! It was the smallest (19") and sickliest of all my plants - all the lower fan leaves were really burned so if I had to lose one, WCD3 was a great choice. It would be fine with me if this doesn't flower till next run- I hear it is super super smelly and goes the longest of anything I've got in this bunch. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

I do have clones, so if I decide to try again it will be easy.
Just got a dehumidifier for the room so that should help a bit. Was on sale for 99.00! My RH has been sneaking up to low 70's high 60's. High point is usually after watering/feeding. I'm going to try it inside the tent when light some on and see how it goes.

Will be watching closely over the next few days trying to get that environment just right on a more consistent basis. Figuring if temp/humidity is bang on then they will do better with the frequent nutes regime I would like them on. Since they are specific to coco I'm thinking the more often I can use them the better. Everyone looks really healthy and happy so what more could I ask for. :)

ozzy- nice to have you stopping by again. :D
Soon...:48:

Some kind people have been helping figure out how to prune my plants.
They are in week 1/ week 2 of flowering.
I went up to the 5th node but think I might have gone one higher?
I plan to reveg these babies when they are done with this round.

Here are before and after shots.
How did I do?
WCD2
Need a haircut? IMG_0528.JPG Conservative pruning IMG_0532.JPG Aggressive pruning IMG_0543.JPG
WCD3
BeforeIMG_0549.JPG After IMG_0561.JPG

Seems like you did a good job, you could take a little more but i wouldnt in flower, if you do it in veg next time take some more, but that looks good.

:yeahthat: IMO it's not a good thing to prune a plant that has been put into flowering. Pruning a plant does a little damage that the plant has to heal before it continues to flower and this sets it back a few days lengths the flowering time.

I agree w/ ozzy and dman . . . good job, tasty :icon_smile: you mostly removed the very large leaves from the very bottom of the plants

I think this will help alot with the humid air you been having and allow alot more airflow between the media and lower plant . . . I would try and keep that top layer of hydroton as dry and loose as possible, roll it around and water through it instead of on it . . . and even aim your circulation fan in this area . . . hope the dehumidifier is cranking out the water too

You left lots of little veg and nodes for the reveg too . . . that will reveg into a freakin bonsai tree

I also like your text/picture arranging :cool2:

Talk to me before you reveg. They reveg from the flowers themselves. Not from the leaf nodes. That was a big surprise for me.

Looking good Tasty!

i trim the bottom third branches off (at which time I take cuttings) and then using my light meter watch the falloff to 5k+ and prune everything off that isn't receving optimal lumens. seems radical but eliminates popcorn.

:peace:

THANKS everyone for the awesome responses and comments. This place ROCKS.

So should I just leave the girls and not trim or still take off those one or two lower fan leaves as planned?

DanK: Hydroton dries out really quickly. Really it is serving more as a protector of the top layer when watering so that the roots can grow right up to the top of my pot. Since I use these buckets that are barely 3 gals I like to use every bit of it for roots to happily live in. I've been able to see how this is working when I've killed the boys and like the results.
Not sure what you meant about "water through it not on it" - please explain.

Dehumidifier filled all the way up and shut off last night so yeah definitely getting the environment just right.

7G- I did take clones two weeks ago. A lot of the bushyness and regrowth is from that. I took 4 from each. I've been keeping a good calendar and notes so next time I can plan my prune/FIM/clone to flower schedule a little better.

Rosebud: I will be in touch for sure. I'm curious to see how the whole reveg thing works.

Lots of little buds coming up down in here- and have plans for bubble hash so they won't go to waste.

Nice job tasty...you cld hve gone a bit higher but that is pretty good for your first time. Like Ozzy said I like to try and do all my hvy pruning in veg like a week before I flip but I hve taken the bottom 1/4 7-10 days into flower and didn't see any real delays. Every strain is a lil different though so be sure to check your trichs real well come harvest time so you will know for sure if the pruning slowed your girls down. It's best to harvest by checking the trichs via scope anyway.

These were the males? You cld probably get away with pruning the girls. Jmo

Hammy -
Thanks- yep these are the boys and the slowest bunch in the crowd.
They were delayed in transplant for a week while my town ran out of perlite so got very squished in their little 4" seedling pots.

I'm really AMAZED at what is happening.
Never thought I would have this kind of luck - BUT getting help here and being willing to get the right equipment makes all the difference in the world.
I've got scope standing by for when the time comes.

Girls have a nice morning out planned. A nice little breakfast and then a trip to the spa for a trim!

Whats a T5. I'm in asia and not seen anything sold as that. looked on internet just looks like a flouro tube is that it? Just those thinner ones?.

epicstuff said:
Whats a T5. I'm in asia and not seen anything sold as that. looked on internet just looks like a flouro tube is that it? Just those thinner ones?.

T-% are the thin high out put flours

Latest posts

Back