Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool by me. Let me know when you will be in that area. I am in Holden which is a half hour away but my son lives in Hubbardstatuckey on the Gardner line so I can make a day of it.

Word, I could go for some gringo food and a heartburn margarita. For how much they try to sell themselves on their tequila selection, the margarita mix they use is one step up from used antifreeze.

Yes Southside Grille (dont forget the extraneous e!!!) I'm looking at you, and hope this comes up next time your social media person Googles you. Your margaritas need WORK.
Strongly recommend actual limes not just as a garnish.

Time for a lineup before I send the bad boys away.
4 males, 4 females out of umbra's Triple Grape.
The one without a number is 1.

Y'all tell me which one I kept ; )
20200108_190020.jpg
20200108_190111.jpg
20200108_190129.jpg
20200108_190142.jpg
20200108_190153.jpg

Ok no bites? ; ) I kept #1, second from left. It has the shortest internodal distance and the best angle on the side shoots.

Look at the bagseed plant that was showing hormonal fascination. Looks like a bird head. Or a bearded dragon in a bad mood. I got sick of having to inspect it daily for bananas.
20200108_194301.jpg
20200108_194244.jpg
20200108_194646.jpg
20200108_194616.jpg

Squat structure for my low ceilings, with aggressive side growth to make lots of healthy clones and still leave perfect spacing of big shoots for budding... that's pretty much what I'm after in a pollen donor. Unless there's a specimen with unusually good smell or even one that sprouts visible trichs, which I saw in the BOG Bogglegum.

Clones are boring but so is waiting for the grass to grow so here are the current clones.
The first box are just under 2 weeks old, and you can see the ones that are really established and gobbling up their nitrogen reserves in the lowest fans. Those are getting hardened off as I have time here n there to crack the lid.
The other two boxes are from this past weekend, and are definitely rooted, but not enough to harden off.
I did something a little different for the last couple rounds to overcome the fact that I'm using root riots, not rapid rooters. The root riots are smaller, less stable when used upside down, and dry out too fast. So I put about a half inch of dirt in the bottom of six pack nursery cells and set them on top of it. I can water the dirt and it acts as a reservoir for the plug to suck up moisture, while the cells keep them relatively upright. This seems to be a pretty successful approach to managing low quality root plugs.
The cuts in all 3 are primarily sweet cindy, umbra's grape, and umbra's lemon, which I am itching to flower as soon as I get the first run of seed plants out of the bloom room.

Ok I can't seem to load pics on LTE network service . To be continued...

20200109_182917.jpg
20200109_182952.jpg

Last edited:
We allowed to share seeds on here?? I have some seeds from an elephant purple clone I ran and cloned several times!!! Reversed her and bred her back to a cloned herself!!!! But no matter the temps, she was purple in the first 2 weeks of flower!!!

Oh sorry I didn't catch that. I appreciate the offer but currently working on growing out some beans I've got waiting in the wings :) think at max capacity it's still gonna take at least 2 years to finish pheno selection lololol! Thanks tho!

From what I learned trough the years the best male to keep is the last one to show sex and the one with the strongest smell.

Best luck mate !

Latest posts

Back