Unknown auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiddeninplainsight

Wake, smoke, smoke, sleep
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my new journal.

I have a germinated and planted the seed today into its final pot in a 75% to 25% perlite mix, it will be in its own cupboard with full ventilation and multiple clf lights (untill i can buy a bank in the next week or two).

I only planted it today so hopfully shout have a sign of life by the end off the week and i will be posting updates once we do :)

Please stick around im going to need the help

:ciao: HIPS

Im a pull up my milk crate and fallow along, if ya dont mind..How about some more info for us on your cupboard ...like..what Lights and type ventilation??..how big is the inside of grow area?...and can you share pics along the way?...Man aint it exciting to grow your own??..I know lots questions...But Im :stoned:..

Wlecome to the passion:watchplant:

and whats a Bank.....
(untill i can buy a bank in the next week or two).

:48:

Good Luck. I will keep an eye on your journal.

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: HIPS

Im a pull up my milk crate and fallow along, if ya dont mind..How about some more info for us on your cupboard ...like..what Lights and type ventilation??..how big is the inside of grow area?...and can you share pics along the way?...Man aint it exciting to grow your own??..I know lots questions...But Im :stoned:..

Wlecome to the passion:watchplant:

and whats a Bank.....

:48:

Thank you 7, I'll make it interesting haha.

Basicly a bank is just 4-6 clf globes in a single fixture with shade. At the moment I have one cfl like you put in your roof with two seedling clf globes I do have other lamps with clf aswel I put them in there once she breaks ground. It all is temp until I can get my new light. I have a digital hps but the size of the cupboard is just to small to fit it so I'm going to try and get the best out if using cfl so I can keep the temperature in the cupboard down.

Ventilation I have a 125mm inline fan for intake and a passive ventilation, I do have another 125mm fan for exhaust but I'm going to try and find it and get it in there so she gets good air circulation.

Don't worry about the questions they keep me amused when I'm high and it's good for people to know when I need help in the future haha, keep them coming

The size of the cupboard inside is very roughly 113" x 80" x 48"

I have heard from some of the pros in here that it is better to have a passive intake with a powered exhaust.

7thG said:
I have heard from some of the pros in here that it is better to have a passive intake with a powered exhaust.

Is there a reason behind that? is it worth while to switch it over from intake to exhaust?

Yeah there is. I am not exactly familiar with the physics behind it but basically it is easier and more efficient to pull air rather than push it. Not really sure if it is worth switching if you already have it set up. You might want to get a second opinion on that. You could just wait and see if you have any temp problems or anything ventilation related and if you do then switch.

you suck air OUT never blow air IN... you want your fan to SUCK the air inside the box OUT creating negative pressure, the intake hole will provide a source for fresh air to be pulled into the box and sucked out via the fan, creating this negative pressure not only makes it easier to controll temps and RH, but also helps keep smells down to a minimum, think of it like this, if you BLOW air into the box any holes besides the exhaust port will be blowing out the wonderful smells of the plants, any hole small or large with the fan BLOWING becomes an exhaust opening, smells in all directions but when your sucking the air out of the exhause port all those other holes become passive intakes that allow fresh air to come into the box, and the smelly air will ONLY be comming out of the exhaust fan, where you can then add a carbon filter to cut out the odors.

suck the air out, dont blow it in, there is a reason these fans are called "Exhaust fans", exhaust air OUT, it would most defently be in your best interest to swap it from your current intake fan and make it an exhaust fan, also make your EXHAUST port up high in the box and your INTAKE down low, remember hot air rises and thats what we want to pull out and thus pulling in cooler fresh air to flow upwards over the plants towards the exhaust fan.

this is pretty much a necessity especially when stealth growing as you dont want anyone to smell the sweet sweet scents inside that cabinet or it kinda defeats the whole point of stealth growing, no ones knows, cant see it or smell it so its not there.

sun is right that is the more accepted way of doing it . but you can blow in . its not the more done way but its is done with good results .you just take the white cover and put in the inside the filter. for me i suck air out of my grow to control the smell. be careful if you blow air into your area the smell will leek thought the cracks of your tent . people that blow air into their grow room thought their filters. more then likely has their input coming from an outside unfiltered inlet and has another filter for output also. big grow area, big grow tents .. wheres theirs a will theirs a way!

Wow, thank you all heaps. This has been a massive amount of info haha.

Ill swap it over tomorrow and hopefully get some better results because it's not hot here yet and it's getting warm.

As for the vents I have one in the very bottom of the cupboard and one smack bang in the center, ill move it around tonight or tomorrow and get some photos up :)

Sorry guys,

I forgot to ask, any ideas on a way to control smell? Keeping stealth In mind if possible

Hey all,

I'm a tad excited, Breaking ground on day 3 it's a good start.

image.jpg

7thG said:
Best way to control odors is to get a carbon filter. All air will be exhausted through this filter neutralizing all odors. Just in case you are not familiar with them here is a link to some.

hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Category-Carbon-Filter-Fan-and-Accessories

Beautiful, ill properly just get one online. What exactly do I look for when buying one? And how do I know what size? I would like to try and get one in aus to save on sone shipping in possible

take your time. it will be atlease a month before the smell kicks in

Latest posts

Back