Wattering Advise - Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
I need advise on wattering when I am on vacation.
Can it be done & for how long ?

I am looking at a gravity system.

How long ya going to be gone?

what size containers ?

the smaller the container the more watering...when I went to England for 10 days I used a watering system with drippers....it worked great..if ya plants are in a 3 gallon or larger you can be gone for allmost 10 days with a good watering....be sure your lights are high enough that plants dont grow into them and ya burn house down...have fun

take care and be safe

a wick system works great too

place a tub of water under the plants and run rope to the pot and into the tub:aok:

Thanks 4u2smoke,
I am trying to figure how long is posible -- sometimes I am away for 3 weeks.(is this to long & is it posible?)

I have looked into a gravity system that holds 6.6 gal -- mabey I need a couple.

Also: Can you tell me more about the wicking set up ?
I understand the rope comes out of the watter tank -- Where do I tie them, To the plants ?
what size rope & what kind of rope. (1st I here of this)

Give me yur address pilgrem i paddle down and waterem fur ya no problem ;)

Hope yual get it worked out friend how bout them there watering globes yual fill them up and stickem in soil and plant draws water as they be needin it, just thought but hey offer still stands yual want big hairy guy lookin after yur plants and I even feed cats too me dog as well ifin yual need them cared fur too ;)

BWD

:ciao: BWD

Those globes are good for a few days to a week....and why spend the $$$ on those when ya can use a 2 litter bottle?

Jimmy....3 weeks is trouble...not so much with waterings but the lights scare me....and if ya raise them high you come hoome to stretched girls...maybe ya better off haveing BAckwoodsDrfter over..lol..

Jimmy...heres a simple way

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0M0CAKxb1c&feature=related

change XX to tt

I like too get the string down to the bottom of pot if I can

:48:

bucketwicksystem.jpgmarijuana-wick-grow-systems.jpg

I too have some "away" time coming up.
I'm more worried about leaving lights on while not here.
I'll have to think some more about the situation- love my plants but love to travel too!

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: BWD

Those globes are good for a few days to a week....and why spend the $$$ on those when ya can use a 2 litter bottle?

Jimmy....3 weeks is trouble...not so much with waterings but the lights scare me....and if ya raise them high you come hoome to stretched girls...maybe ya better off haveing BAckwoodsDrfter over..lol..

Yup reckon he be right and true to word, Thanks pilgrem right yual be fur sure.

BWD

Or

Another answer could be

Hopes I havent offend to 4u? Was not me intention?

Forgive ifin I upset?

BWD

I'd add, it depends on how often the girls you have are needing water, and how much.

I'm outdoor, but my satori's in 30 gallon totes are taking 6gallons A DAY! (I'm not over watering. They literally are sagging over, bone dry soil, after 24 hours with the 4 gallons I was last giving them.

I'm actually leaving for the long weekend too, and had to make arrangements to keep the girls growing. Definitely adds to the planning of leaving town for a bit.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Or

Another answer could be

Hopes I havent offend to 4u? Was not me intention?

Forgive ifin I upset?

BWD

:48:

No offense here my friend....just keeping the firside upbeat:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back