what does a 8b growing zone means to meds being grown outdoors???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hardiness zone (a subcategory of Vertical Zonation) is a geographically defined area in which a specific category of plant life is capable of growing, as defined by climatic conditions, including its ability to withstand the minimum temperatures of the zone (see the scale on the right or the table below). For example, a plant that is described as "hardy to zone 10" means that the plant can withstand a minimum temperature of -1°C. A more resilient plant that is "hardy to zone 9" can tolerate a minimum temperature of -7°C. First developed for the United States by the Department of Agriculture (USDA), the use of the zones has been adopted by other nations.

thanks...i planted 3 Afgooey 11/9/11 just to see, considering it never gets too cold in my area...and as im researching im learning about growing zones..Dman hit the nail on the head with the definition...and i was trying to learn what zone8b(my zone)means to marijuana planted at the time i planted..cant find that anywhere online...so im checkin in with the growers here

all i know so far is(by referencing tomatoes)mid feb-nov is my "optimum/prefered" plant window...so starting when i did is going aginst the grain so to speak...im wondering the affect its going to have...thats why i love to experiment...

If it gets to 20 degrees, it is too cold. The plant will die at that temp.

havent seen temps that low in the 5 years ive live here so i should be okay.....thanks rosebud

still on track....looking great..planted outdoors..11-9-11..winter experiment..even my lil lady who was damaged is comming back!!!

I would think that the extended dark hours will promote early flowering. Cold will retard growth. Days getting longer after 12/21 will at some point cause reveg. Can't compare to tomatoes- most varieties are day neutral.

I couldn't do it in my zone, but would be interested to see what happens. Good luck with the experiment.

i reference tomatoes because they grow for the most part in the same conditions...whenever i need marijuana growing info and get it from legal/government agencies like department of agriculture who wont give growing conditions for marijuana(still illegal in gov eyes) how else do i get info...reference tomatoes..for you to say referencing tomatoes is pointless shows how arrogant you are and how little you know...FYI..always reference tomatoes when finding bud growing conditions/mediums and so forth when the info is unavailable for bud...and the rest you stated...i already know..this is a project for the ones who said i couldnt grow a outdoor crop in the winter in my area..its my knowledge that tells me i can...and now im proving it..im not asking for help,advice or tips..i got this...mind you, i know it can be done!! i titled it winter experiment for my friends out there who suggested aginst it..its an experiment for them...lol..i know the outcome!! thanks anyway..

i cant stand when folks attempt to TELL me my business, and be dead wrong in the info they provide...the nerve of sum folks...!

you gotta remember bud has only been legal 9 years(in my state)....folks were growing way befor then..all illegal!!!...no forums, internet...and do you really think farmers then walked into a store asking about weed growing mediums and nutes(possibly incriminating themselves)..no! like my pop's they referenced tomatoes bro....my outdoor knowledge is passed down, inherited if you will....

Arrogant? For posting an opinion?

Do a little research young man- specifically on photoperiodism. Everything I posted is absolutely true. Grow up.

:rolleyes: *sighs* really??? It had to devolve that quickly.... *sighs again*

for telling me i CANT compare to tomatoes...when referencing marijuana!!...

everything except the tomatoe part..for my zone 8b you reference tomatoes...im sure its different per zone...for me it is what it is....a tomatoes is it...folks like you retard growths...thinkin you know it all...

hey buddogmutt, when I first started growing I always referenced growing tomatoes....the Indoor guy knew what I meant, he always knew what I meant ;)

I hope u weren't mad at me by the way, I was just making a comment about how forum threads always devolve into name calling and genital hoisting. In Leanna's thread I even said that alot of ppl learn to grow the weed, then begin to get the misguided notion they're master horticulturists...hubris is the enemy of us all...

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

edit: Indoor-grown tomatoes need the same growing criteria/environs that mj does...not my opinion, fact.

Cmon greeneyes...not at all..i know you better then that...most knowledgeable outdoor growers know what i stated is a FACT...lol..and for sum obvious regergitating newb to attempt (and so confidently) tell me i cant do what has worked flawlessly for ME...well is just arrogantly stupid...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back