what does a 8b growing zone means to meds being grown outdoors???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
orangesunshine said:
what's your point man---you came up with a brilliant idea to talk to the department of agriculture and get your info by referring to tomatoes cause you can't say you are gathering info for weed---great

id avoid me too instead of going aginst a friend and honestly answer the responce i gave to this quote from you....lol....at least im honest

hey man i ain't hiding---i was on the list of peeps that gave you bad rep and signed my name---i jumped in cause you were offensive and talking crap about someone who has forgotten more about growing than you will ever learn---was just trying to keep the peace---are you gonna keep barking the same nonsense or are you gonna bite little puppy

lol..off topic again and still avoiding the question...lol...just leave...i hate fake people

stand by your man no matter if he's right or wrong...well with this being the case we'll never resolve anything so why return..im done with it..you obviously cant be real or honest so alllllllllll this is pointless...thanks for input..have a gret day

am i gonna bite..lol...grow up..internet tough guy..lol..and im a trouble starter...you forum folks are a trip....full of blind alegence and no common sence...and to tough talk on a forum...how sissy like is that....i see what kind of cat im dealing with now...

sorry buddogmutt, but I'm unsubscribing, not cuz of u but the general vibe that peeps r bringing to this forum/thread.

it kills me how right and wrong is based on how long a person has been a member of this forum and personal alegences instead of right and wrong...your nothing more then a gang sticking up for eachother reguardless of the facts at hand...id never comprimise my manhood and sence of right and wrong to accomidate a forum buddy...friends like that, you sure cant afford any enemys....your all so fake its hillarious...

and all over a tomatoe reference.....yalls character isnt worth more then a tomatoe reference...damn, i know you all have sold out for much less...thats why you all do it so naturally now i guess...sucks to be you!!!! id rather stand alone in the right, then grouped up for security in the wrong..

You really are an obtuse fellow. Re-read my original post in the intent it was meant- posing thoughts and wishing you well. I was sincere.

But you think I attacked you. So rather than ask me out right you chose the immature path of attacking me.

The USDA Hardiness Zone Map references only temperature. It does not consider daylight hours. So tomatoes being put out at a certain point is strictly in relationship to the plants hardiness relative to the temperatures it can withstand.

MJ is a short day plant. Which means it is affected by the length of darkness during a 24 hour period. Tomatoes on the other hand are day-neutral, meaning they grow irrespective of day or night length. That is why you cannot maintain a tomato plant in a perpetual vegetative state- they will flower when they are ready. But you can maintain a MJ plant in a perpetual vegetative state. That is what allows us to keep mothers, determine flowering time, etc.

So, my original comments were that you were essentially starting the plants in a flowering phase (similar to 12/12). When they reach sexual maturity, they will flower because they are receiving the correct number of hours of darkness in a 24 hour period.

My next comment referenced temperatures. It is simply a fact that below a certain temperature, most plants experience slower growth. This is true with tomatoes and MJ.

So, it then follows that your plants may not mature enough in time before the dark hours decrease (they do this every year in the northern hemisphere after Dec. 21) to such a point that the plant will go into what we call a reveg. It has happened to me by putting a plant out too soon.

And that is why I said good luck with your experiment. I was not trying to be rude. I was merely stating (the correct spelling is "regurgitating") my thoughts and was anxious to see how it worked for you.

Something about internet forums- there is no way to tell a persons tone or inflection. That is why it makes sense to ask for clarification when you find a post offensive- often times it is in your perception and not the intent of the poster.

The fact that you would attack Orange and Rose when they were suggesting you look at the situation a little differently, really reflects poorly on you and your character.

I wish you well.

i spoke to rose..there was no attack...for 1...orange came in attacking me(are you even reading their post) defending you...and for you to see that and still respond with that nonsence reflects your lack of intelligence...and you came in attempting to tell me i was wrong for referencing tomatoes...can you even understand that...you went off on sum photo period thing that was totally off the subject at hand...funny how you keep glazing over that...after all it was the start of all this...

orange is a misguided coward...he came in saying how brilliant my why of getting the info by referencing tomatoes was..and then defended you...and you said "I CANT REFERENCE TOMATOES)to get the info i got..so instead of being honest he chose to bail after doing nothing but dropping insults...for him it was contradict himself and side with you...or answer my very simple question and we saw how that ended up...he chose the cowards route...

whatever..you seem to cant admitt you were wrong...nothing you posted was relevant to the subject matter,,,thats the only point....this isnt a grammer work shop...

and im giving nothing but the way i found out how i could grow outdoors in the winter...to which you responded i couldnt do...if you refuse to see and accept your fault in this just stay away...we wont agree!!!!

I am confused:confused2:

I have read this thread many times and cannot find where anything was said about it being wrong to reference tomatoes when talking about mj to uncool sales people. I am also confused by the title you asked what a an 8b growing zone is like you did not know but you have already had success in doing your experiment many times. This is confusing. After that it just turned into name calling.

BBFan said:
I would think that the extended dark hours will promote early flowering. Cold will retard growth. Days getting longer after 12/21 will at some point cause reveg. Can't compare to tomatoes- most varieties are day neutral.

I couldn't do it in my zone, but would be interested to see what happens. Good luck with the experiment.

remeber this...its your introduction to my thread and the cause of all this...

are you retarded...the referencing of tomatoes is what gave me ALL my outdoor winter growing project info..for you to say i cant do this is obsurd concidering i have a winter crop looking great based on my tomatoe referenced info....you thinking you know it all ended us up here..you clearly dont understand the purpose of this thread...

it has nothing to do with photo periods...which was the only thing on your mind at the time...based on the conversation taking place at the time you came in...how is your input even relevant?...and on top of that you said mine was wrong....

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html said:
2. Flaming, or open argument including, but not limited to using derogatory names toward another member, degrading comments, racial insults and sexist comments are not acceptable for use anywhere in the open forums.

:confused2:

pduck...this is a continuation of a previous chat with rosebud,hempgoddesss and myself...ive always stated i could do a winter grow...i know i can...and i told them in november id prove it...its an experiment to the doubters..not me...the zone 8b title is a way(for others) to reference my area according to the DOA grow zone chart...and see my winter temps dont reach freezing degrees for bud in winter...thats it...now ofcourse with bud being fed illegal you cant look up marijuana...so you reference the guide they have for tomatoe planting and apply that info to bud...

BBFan said:
I would think that the extended dark hours will promote early flowering. Cold will retard growth. Days getting longer after 12/21 will at some point cause reveg. Can't compare to tomatoes- most varieties are day neutral.

I couldn't do it in my zone, but would be interested to see what happens. Good luck with the experiment.

and here's the post that started it all...telling me i cant reference tomatoes to get the info i got...plain and simple....how does any of what he said pertain to the topic being discussed....you tell me..not saying he's wrong with the photo period info...it simply doesnt pertain to the topic at hand....dude couldnt see that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back