what is the youngest the plant can be to top it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashpipe

great 3oz in my hand
Reaction score
im woundering i have a plant thats about 6" tall and i dont want it to reach over 10-14" it only has 2-3 nodes were th leaves are growing out at, there are no branches yet, and it about 2 weeks old, ill get pics up soon but ineed to know.:D

Wait until the plant is about 4-6 weeks old.... if you top too soon it will stall ur grow because your plant wont recover as quickly... If your looks for something to do now to help make ur plant bushy.. you could try some LST...

Well if you want to keep it 10-14 inches, just wait till it gets around 10-14 inches and top it then. And i wouldn't top it without i being 12 inches or so. What about LST? That way you don't have to cut any growings. I'd let it grow at least 2 feet but no more. I take it your plant is indica right?

~Burn One~
Dewayne

NOT SURE JUST SOME BAGSEED, might be not sure.....

Both RatherBBurnin and Dewayne are correct. However, I'll add just a little bit more to it.

You can top as soon as the plant has alternating nodes. That's the sign that the plant is sexually mature. You shouldn't top prior to then.

You can also start LST. That will re-direct the plant growth sideways instead of upwards. Keeping them as small as you would like will be difficult. MJ just likes to be much taller than that. You might instead, think of modifying your grow area to accommodate a taller plant.

It's kind of like someone saying "I want to grow my plant in a shoebox." That would be impossible. Sometimes you have to do what the plant requires, not what you've limited it to. Trying to make a plant that naturally grows up to 20 feet tall, grow in a 12 inch area isn't good planning.

Good luck to you.

i have enough room for a 5-6 foot plant i just want a shorter plant though

Yea stony is very right... there are some methods of growing with a limited space... but in reality.. i think the smallest height would be 5ft because you must always consider the light takes 6-12" and your medium will take 12" or so... then you must always maintain distance between the two.... so in 5ft height..your looking at about 2ft of plant height... and that really isnt enough.. inless your SCROG or SOG...

well thanks guys just some people have 10 inch plants that are bussy as hell and thats what i want.

hmm, stoney is very correct. I just would let the plant do it's thing IMHO. It'll grow better and turn out better if you ask me. If you want a smaller plant, then maybe it's worth taking a look at some seeds online. Get an indica dominant plant. A good small plant is "low ryder" they naturally stay smaller and can put of f some powerful bud. I'd look at some low ryder x's ;) good luck to ya bro!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back