What is wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will make a tea this weekend and feed the heck out of everything.
Is that why the roots are coming to the surface? The last three grows are like that, i keep covering them with new soil and they keep coming up...I didn't know that...wow, thanks.

OT Rose, sorry. But that's awesome reading about your "rose" history. I've gotta take a pic of one of my family's back yard and see what you think. Rose bushes like crazy! They've given us a few too. Nothing picture worthy though cause I slack off with the caring for em part.

yup they get hungry an reach all into the new dirt lookin for food , just like a worm. plus some types of bacteria even pull the nitrogen out of the air and use it. (i dont think its much , but its still our mother nature at her finest! )

soil

Rosebud said:
I will make a tea this weekend and feed the heck out of everything.
Is that why the roots are coming to the surface? The last three grows are like that, i keep covering them with new soil and they keep coming up...I didn't know that...wow, thanks.

I like the tea idea, Rosie!

Mine come to the surface too, but I think that's because they've used just about all available space in the planter lol. I would go bigger, but using 10 ad 7 gal smartpots now. Am thinking I might play around with my 20gal tote again, go back to the first grow and try to reproduce that big 10oz harvest! I too cover the roots up, I use straight worm castings.

Soil is a pimp for sure. You know your stuff my man. Great advice.

Hey Rose- Did she bounce back? How about an update.

Well, i wouldn't say they have bounced back. The have a weird (forced) shade of green to the smaller leaves instead of the bright yellow of before. The buds look really small for day 33 but that is subjective. I think i lost a lot of fan leaves. Here, you guys see what ya think.
DSCF1147.JPG

DSCF1148.JPG

DSCF1149.JPG

she seems to be eatin a lil better , the yellow has not gotten a whole lot worse, like i figured it would by now.

I dont think she will yield like your "usual" but she seems to be doin a lil better.... it usally only takes a few days for them real yellow leaves to fall off completely (or shrivel into dust) and yours dont look any worse , maybe a little better so keep up what your doin rose.

soil

Thank you soil I appreciate your help in this mess. Good to have you here.

Id smoke it:D

Have ya tried some coffee grounds tea?

:bong:

Hiya Rose! I'm stumped. Sorry she didn't come back around for you. It even looks like a little burn going now. Very strange indeed. Though you can tell she's trying by the way the leaves are up. If it was mine I would dose her again with blood meal. Best of luck with her.

Update:12 days later I think they are going to be alright. The buds are growing and the leaves have green. The fans are pretty much toast, but like someone said, it is just going to set me back some time but they will be ok.

DSCF1156.JPG

DSCF1157.JPG

Thank you for all your help! I appreciate it A LOT.

Have you flushed the containers are least once during the grow? i do 20 gallons for a 10 gallon pot. And also, try foliar feeding with a tea on the undersides of the leaves.

she is slowed up , but she is WAY better then she was , so very good job rose!

soil

drfting07 said:
Have you flushed the containers are least once during the grow? i do 20 gallons for a 10 gallon pot. And also, try foliar feeding with a tea on the undersides of the leaves.
99% of the time , "flushing" is a waste of time when dealing with organics.
You can not just "flush" away organic foods , the food is part of the soil , so all that will do is wet your dirt for way longer then you want it.

The only thing you can "flush" away is the salt build ups in the pot , but in my opinion that only works with hydro mediums.

the chemical ions bond with the dirt ions an become one and water cant change that.
If the chemical does not bond with the dirt and it becomes an extra salt then the water might push it through the pot.

soil :icon_smile:

I have never flushed in my grow, what would I be flushing?
I gave everyone a drench of tea yesterday, thank you Soil. How long will this set me back I wonder, it doesn't matter i have lots of time, not in a hurry. I will keep you posted. Thanks again all.

Hi Rose- It shouldn't set you back as far as maturation, but will definitely impact yield. Looking much better though.

Latest posts

Back