Whats worse while in 12/12? Transplanting or going rootbound?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wetdog said:
:yeahthat: :goodposting: +rep

I do EXACTLY the same thing!:icon_smile: But I only use a saucer if they are over dry and need some bottom watering to re saturate the medium. Have one of those shower heads on a hose, so it's like a good rain.

Either the shower or outside. I'm liberal with the water and it gets messy.:hubba: Plenty of run off.

I'd transplant also, but would consider 7gal pots instead of 5gal.

Wet

Thanks everyone for the advice. Tplant went smooth,b-52 seemed to help and the girls havent missed a beat! Went into 7 gallon bags(full),now im just worried there gonna b too big ;)

Absolutely, I would transplant and not have a concern about doing it. I've done just what you're asking about, just for a different reason, the gal was in a 5 gallon pot and I moved her to a 20 gallon tote. She not only appreciated the move, she is to date my very best producer at 10 oz!

Transplanting won't hurt the gal as long as you're gentle and do it up right, adding fresh soil COULD help, though!

I see I'm a touch late on the answer, glad all went fine!

Transplant but loosen/tussle up the roots before you repot as they will root into the larger pot better and faster.
T4

look just my two sent,but when my plants get root bond and they are comeing out the holes in the bottom of bucket,this is what i do i take a bucket the same size as the one the plant is in with no holes in it and add water to the bucket and an air stone turn on pump and sit plant right on top.now if your not use to big plants then dont do it,but its like BOOM your plant will blow up.i have been doing this for years,everything stays the same i water from the top when needed.the high oxgen in the lower bucket from the air stone make them grow like crazy.so if you like try it or try all three ways.just my two cents,peace and good growing.........

superdaddy6 said:
look just my two sent,but when my plants get root bond and they are comeing out the holes in the bottom of bucket,this is what i do i take a bucket the same size as the one the plant is in with no holes in it and add water to the bucket and an air stone turn on pump and sit plant right on top.now if your not use to big plants then dont do it,but its like BOOM your plant will blow up.i have been doing this for years,everything stays the same i water from the top when needed.the high oxgen in the lower bucket from the air stone make them grow like crazy.so if you like try it or try all three ways.just my two cents,peace and good growing.........

I'm very interested in seeing this versus no airstone...

superdaddy6 said:

Yeah, sounds interesting... Think we need to see some pics here. And I'm with 7.. I always xplant right before the flip. This takes all the guesswork bullcrap out of the equation..

Latest posts

Back